Prospect Info: The Official 2014 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserker*

I think Brendan Lemieux could be a good target for our first selection (2nd round) in the 2014 draft. Brendan is the son of Claude Lemieux so he has good blood lines and has a similar playing style. On top of that he has had a fairly strong start to the season with 12 goals and 7 assists for 19 points in 24 games played.

Berserker*

Brandon Baddock could be a good pick in the later rounds. He is in his second year of draft eligibility and he seems to be a very physical player and fairly prominent fighter. He has good size at 6'4 and 205 lbs and he has had an okay start to the season with 7 points in 31 games played. He could be a good project pick as bigger players tend to take longer to develop their offensive games. Aside from that he plays on the Oil Kings with Lazar so our scouting staff will likely get a good assessment of him.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
I'm sure if we didn't trade our 1st round pick we would not be so bipolar, maybe if it was top 10 protected we would still be less crazy than our fanbase is now

Berserker*

**** this thread.

Where's the 2015 one? WE WANT MCDAVID :sarcasm:

Well the way things are going, we could still wind up with McDavid next draft. If the Sens are out of a playoff spot by the trade deadline, then I think there is a strong possibility that they ship out Spezza, Anderson and Michalek and possibly a few others. That would give us next year to allow the new acquisitions and promoted prospects to calibrate and acclimate themselves to either the NHL or MacLean's system. Then we would also have an excuse to suck because it would increase our chances of drafting McDavid.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
**** this thread.

Where's the 2015 one? WE WANT MCDAVID :sarcasm:

This. I don't even care about the draft this year. It's only fun projecting and debating first rounders since by the time we select in the second round, most of us won't know who the hell any of the players are.

Not a "true" fan? Sue me.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So are the sens going to mcfail for mcdavid in 2015?

Or do the sens want to get their 2014 first round pick back and suck bad for ekblad?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
So are the sens going to mcfail for mcdavid in 2015?

Or do the sens want to get their 2014 first round pick back and suck bad for ekblad?

I think if we tank next year for McDavid, we can kiss Ryan goodbye. So for that reason, god I hope not.

Would be nice to sign him and Mac over the off season THEN hit rock bottom :laugh: Just don't bring in some has-been goalie at the end of the year who ends up playing amazing and robbing us of 1st/2nd/3rd overall.

No offence, Zib.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
For obvious reasons, i am completely turned off by this draft.

Same. Normally by this time this thread is closing in on 1k posts. Obviously not much to cheer for now that we don't own a 1st rounder.

Thankfully it's a weak year this year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think if we tank next year for McDavid, we can kiss Ryan goodbye. So for that reason, god I hope not.

Would be nice to sign him and Mac over the off season THEN hit rock bottom :laugh: Just don't bring in some has-been goalie at the end of the year who ends up playing amazing and robbing us of 1st/2nd/3rd overall.

No offence, Zib.

I am not suggesting to tank, but it would be nice to be able to draft a player like Mcdavid.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I am not suggesting to tank, but it would be nice to be able to draft a player like Mcdavid.

I would endure a proper tank if it meant McDavid while retaining Ryan and Mac. That's how "perennially elite" teams such as Pittsburgh and Chicago do it..

Lucky ********.

Also,
tumblr_mpwqyfNNUE1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I would endure a proper tank if it meant McDavid while retaining Ryan and Mac. That's how "perennially elite" teams such as Pittsburgh and Chicago do it..

Lucky ********.

Also,
tumblr_mpwqyfNNUE1spx4u4o1_500.jpg

My mouth is watering just by thinking of this team with ryan, mac and mcdavid.

My god, it would be a dream come true.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Guys I know it's a longshot but I have a good feeling that Ekblad will fall to the 38th spot overall :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=49649

So any guys at this point that any of you are liking?

A few that I'm interested in are guys like Oskar Lindblom, Josh Ho-Sang or (especially) Alex Tuch who would be a perfect prospect for Ottawa, big, solid skater, and physical with offensive upside. I think Ottawa wouldn't be off to move up and grab one of those three if they slip into the later part of the first round or early second.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm okay with Ottawa not having a first round selection this yr, unless they are a lottery pick than anything can happen besides they have a lot of players in their lineup who were not first round selections. I was surprised to hear Minny picked Kassian in the 2nd rd the other night.

2014 draft:
Alex Tuch RW - may not fall to us
Adam O. Mattsson - LD
Ryan Mantha - RD
Brendan Lemieux - LW

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Anton Karlsson, Ryan MacInnis or Brendan Lemieux would be great targets with our 2nd round pick

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I could see Ottawa moving into the first round to take a guy like Kempe or Tuch if they fall far enough. I really like Tuch though...

If we could come out of the first two rounds with one of those two and Oskar Lindblom I'd be a happy camper.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not a chance. Outside the top two or three, this draft drops off very quickly, and is one of the weakest in years. Why do you think that the Senators, and many other teams, were happy to trade their firsts from 2014? Teams are acquiring picks for 2015, which is projecting to be a much deeper draft overall.

There are some draft years that are just not that great. The experts are unanimous that this is one of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad