The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Sorry fellas, been an extremy busy time for me.

Great job to everyone, and I apologize again that I wasn't as on top of things as previous years. Thanks again to BG and Crimson.

Natey, you can post it if you want. I'm on my phone.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You did an amazing job all things considering. Just like any years there were blips, but that's to be expected with 30 people with different schedules. All amidst the hectic play-off run we had.

As far as the left-overs of the draft, there's a few guys I had on my list that never got selected:
Brandon Robinson.
Damian Bourne.
Dylan Gambrell.
Matt Ustanski.
Nolan Stevens.
Radel Fazleev.
Adam Rockwood.
Andrei Kuzmenko.
Kasimir Kasikisuo
Daniel Walcott.
Josh Wesley.
J.D. Dudek.
Dominic Franco.

Now whether or not those guys get drafted at all or invited to rookie camps, remains to be seen. But they were left over from the mass of long shots I gathered for my 7th round consideration.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for all the hard work habsfan18! Much appreciated. And thank you for letting me be a part of it again. One of the highlights of the year for me.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You did an amazing job all things considering. Just like any years there were blips, but that's to be expected with 30 people with different schedules. All amidst the hectic play-off run we had.

As far as the left-overs of the draft, there's a few guys I had on my list that never got selected:
Brandon Robinson.
Damian Bourne.
Dylan Gambrell.
Matt Ustanski.
Nolan Stevens.
Radel Fazleev.
Adam Rockwood.
Andrei Kuzmenko.
Kasimir Kasikisuo
Daniel Walcott.
Josh Wesley.
J.D. Dudek.
Dominic Franco.

Now whether or not those guys get drafted at all or invited to rookie camps, remains to be seen. But they were left over from the mass of long shots I gathered for my 7th round consideration.

I was debating Walcott for my last pick :) almost took him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Guys that I'm inviting in my development camp (still on my list...):

In the category "I'm stunned that we didn't pick him...(we includes myself), and I would bet that they will be picked in the real draft...the nominees are:)

- Kevin Labanc
- Robert Carpenter (Bloodlines..this kid WILL be picked up)
- JJ Piccinich
- Chase Thomas Perry
- Radel Fazleyev
- Ryan Hitchcock (Good enough U-18 to have been noticed)
- Henrik Tornqvist (Really skilled and really young. Less than 1 month from the next draft)

In the category "Limited time...limited viewings...MIGHT surprise Steve Mason style...the nominees are:
- Matthew Mancina
- Ken Appleby
- Hugo Fagerblom

In the category, "I'm biased, I'm a Michigan sucker and think that every prospect that plays there will become a star even if they rarely do, the nominees are:"

- Evan Allen
- Zachary Nagelvoort (Still..while he might not be picked up, this goalie will be in demand come UFA time at the end of his college career)
- Hayden Lavigne (I'm just being consequent here, at the start of the year, named him as I guy I'd follow...he did have a dissapointed year in the USHL still.....scheduled to go to Michigan)
- Connor Murphy (Really small and frail scoring machine...)

In the category of "Who the **** are those guys...the nominees are:"

- David Tomasek (Intriguing prospect that is taking more time than I thought to put it all together...)
- Walterri Hopponen (Finnish playing in the USHL)
- Ivan Nikolishin (So small but so dynamic)
- Cristiano Digiacinto (Just a bet that this kid will be great next year)
- Milan Kolena (Been a big fan of Kolena for quite a few years now)
- Ty Edmonds
- Christian Jaros
- Chase Phelps
- Dakota Joshua
- Andrei A. Mironov

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah, don't beat yourself up Habsfan18. You did a good job with this. There is always place to bettering it of course, but this is heaven compared to the 2.0 Mock last year (no offense yoteshot). A lot of it lies on the posters too, the better and more dedicated the GMs, the smoother the mock goes.

It was fun guys, thanks for letting me in:handclap::nod::D

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Yeah, it was fun and you won't have to twist my arm to come back next year. The draft crew here seems to have scary-good knowledge... I guess I hadn't quite appreciated the number of posters we have who know the draft that well! :handclap:

And I got to pad my mod stats by updating things a couple times, so I have no complaints about chipping in there for sure! :D

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Fellas, with Brady Vail re-entering the draft, where would you have taken him? Of course assuming you were planning to.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
The mock draft is a happy place, folks. Share your opinions on players as much as you like, but this is the last place on HF where personal attacks or arguments will be tolerated.

Chill out, save the hate for the bruins.

Overlords always ruining the fun :sarcasm:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Fellas, with Brady Vail re-entering the draft, where would you have taken him? Of course assuming you were planning to.

Not sure I ever would have considered him. I likely would have picked Matt Murphy out of Halifax for an over-ager instead. Value-wise? Hard pegging him higher than 6th/7th rounder (maybe a conditional 5th :sarcasm: )

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I would have considered Vail, especially over Danny. I've seen enough to him to think there's a future NHL'er there. Might not be what I projected (3rd liner), but we'll see. There's aboslutely no way, unless it was off-ice problems, that he shouldn't have been signed.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I would have obviously consider him for my 7th round pick. Not sure how I would have evaluated him though.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
4 players in our 1st round did not get taken in round one: Barbashev, Demko, McKeown, and Karlsson. Not including the players not selected in round one, the biggest known fall is Kempe (15 spots), the biggest known riser is Sanheim (23 spots), and 3 players were picked at the right number: Ekblad, Nylander, and Scherbak.

Looking forward to comparing tomorrow.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
26 players out of 30 for the first round, not bad gents.

It's absolutely awesome. Only CSS has their rankings before us. Everybody else is almost the same day, they have time to revisit it. Happy to see my DeAngelo pick at 37 becoming 19th. On talent alone, it's totally deserving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad