Post-Game Talk: The offensive black hole gets bigger

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Yeah this team has got to find a way to score more these 1 and 2 goal games get pretty stale.

Yeah, and Blashill was supposedly going to run a much more offensive system than Babcock.:laugh:

I thought Richards-Dats-Larkin looked good. Keeps Tatar on the third.

Datsyuk is just so much more effective when he has forwards he can cycle with

I agree. I also really like the idea of Larkin playing with Datsyuk. Since the start of this season (Larkin's explosion basically) I've wanted him to get a good amount of playing time with both Zetterberg and Datsyuk. I think they'll both help him grow in unique ways as a player.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Sounds like a bunch of stupid ******** I missed this game. 1-0 lead turns into 2-1 loss. Why am I not surprised. Why can't this team win at home anymore? It's not just this season either. Remember that time we had 23 straight home wins? Ahh the good old days. What's happened since then?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Sounds like a bunch of stupid ******** I missed this game. 1-0 lead turns into 2-1 loss. Why am I not surprised. Why can't this team win at home anymore? It's not just this season either. Remember that time we had 23 straight home wins? Ahh the good old days. What's happened since then?

lidstrom retired. datsyuk, zetterberg, and kronwall are old now

PetrPumpknEatr

Mar 8, 2015

It wasn't a 2-1 loss. It was a 1-1 tie that we lost in a shoot out.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
"Don't try to make that pass, don't try to make that pass...

****."

We got a point and we weren't terrible either. Great goaltending on both sides and the post certainly helped Philly today.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Home ice doesn't mean a thing anymore especially in hockey

Most teams suck at home

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
oh without a doubt howard sucks in the shootout. Unfortunately our shooters are also the worst in the shootout.

Idk why blash keeps putting datsyuk out in the shootout. Or any old guy really they hate it

Put Larkin out there. Jurco. Nyquist or tatar

Actual Thought*

I didn't see the game but it probably should have been a budgeted loss anyway. The fact we don't score goals is nothing new. I don't expect it will change any time soon. PP isn't going to get fixed this year for sure so it is what it is. Hopefully Mrazek can carry them to a playoff berth but I have my doubts.

Actual Thought*

Idk why blash keeps putting datsyuk out in the shootout. Or any old guy really they hate it

Put Larkin out there. Jurco. Nyquist or tatar

Jurco is an offensive black hole. His penalty shot a while back was the worst effort one could possibly imagine.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
since the wings regular shooters refuse to get creative and never change their shots up, I don't see the harm in changing the shooters up

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
since the wings regular shooters refuse to get creative and never change their shots up, I don't see the harm in changing the shooters up

Gus changed his up and hit the crossbar. Richards' was just lame. Historically he's good in shootouts, but this team has Tatar and Larkin. Use them first.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Let's see....

Henrik Zetterberg: $6.1 million
Johan Franzen: $3.9 million
Jimmy Howard: $5.3 million
Jonathan Ericsson: $4.3 million
Kyle Quincey: $4.3 million
Brad Richards: $4 million
Jakub Kindl: $2.4 million

That's just over $30 million for guys who are either out of the league or are playing at replacement level. Add it up and then divide by the number of players and you're paying nearly $4.5 million for those "contributors". Awesome. We'd lampoon other franchises for making that many boneheaded deals. :facepalm:

I know people got upset when I pointed out what a joke the 2012-13 opening night roster was, the one without Gus Nyquist. This is even worse. We'd be a lottery team if not for Petr Mrazek. He's the one guy who is grossly outplaying his contract. Larkin is doing OK.

Brutal. :shakehead

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Waive smith. Smith is worse than hot garbage. Hot garbage only stinks half of the year.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
This may be one of the biggest paper tiger rosters in Detroit Red Wings history. Things look so promising on paper. But we're basically Dylan Larkin, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, DeKeyser and Mrazek. And Datsyuk/Z are fading fast.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
People forget they hit several posts tonight, too. It was a good game. There was great effort all around by both teams. Dumb mistakes luckily didn't cost them a point. I thought getting the 5 minute power play that early in the game was going to hurt more than help. I think they needed the first half of the game to get their legs under them. Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad