OT: The Off-Topic Thread XVIII: Gif Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
Earth
I tried to get a refund for "No Man's Sky" last night and was rejected. I only did it because I heard there was a guy who got a refund for the game after playing 50 hours. Worth a shot.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Probably a scam. Look at the address closely, it's not the official store.

I know right, it looks more or less like the original one. http://shop.nhl.com/

Problem is, that they dont have the jersey I´m looking for, and that the other one seems to be faked.

Why would you make customizable jerseys for all teams, except team NA? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Does anybody know anything about this store?

http://www.nhl.us.com/ - http://www.nhl.us.com/Jersey-World-...Authentic-Team-Mens-America-Adidas-75-Ey.html

Only store that is selling Team NA jerseys with Johnny on the back...
Literally, when I was in Toronto they only had McD, Eichel and someone else.

Can´t be real with that price tho right? (#13 costs 40-50$ + shipping)

You can get it legit from icejerseys, but customization is an extra $99, and I think it's in USD. So you're looking at a $260+tax+exchange+shipping? piece of clothing.

http://www.icejerseys.com/products/...Premier-Replica-Black-Jersey-p39748/?pstart=1

(Actually, looking into it, I think it's free shipping and it's in CAD).

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Jesus christ, can definitely tell my sponsorship ran out, because every, single, page is greeted with a full page ad for Bridget Jone's Baby...

Can't wait to get home and fix that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jesus christ, can definitely tell my sponsorship ran out, because every, single, page is greeted with a full page ad for Bridget Jone's Baby...

Can't wait to get home and fix that.
I want to post in 100 different threads now just so you click on them all and have to suffer :naughty:

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Any hip hop fans here? Mick Jenkins just released The Healing Component. its really good for the first listen so far.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Paper: submitted
Pizza: eaten
Beer: work on progress

I started working with that paper over a year ago so it's about time I get it off my hands. I'm so ***king relieved right now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Paper: submitted
Pizza: eaten
Beer: work on progress

I started working with that paper over a year ago so it's about time I get it off my hands. I'm so ***king relieved right now.

I'm working on a paper right now and recently found an email transcript planning it in 2014. Said that I should have it out by August 2014.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I actually submitted that to a conference a year ago. It was rejected, so I spent the year improving it, and finally rewrote almost all of it during the last couple of months. Just getting a "major revision" would be a huge win now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I actually submitted that to a conference a year ago. It was rejected, so I spent the year improving it, and finally rewrote almost all of it during the last couple of months. Just getting a "major revision" would be a huge win now.

Ah, you're in one of those "submit to a conference" fields like my brother. I'm in a "submit to a journal" field, myself.

And full disclosure, I did have a rejection back a couple years ago, but I think it's mostly because my supervisor tried to tie my project with another one which lacked novelty and took away focus. Either way, the paper became stuck on my backburner for a while.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Ah, you're in one of those "submit to a conference" fields like my brother. I'm in a "submit to a journal" field, myself.

And full disclosure, I did have a rejection back a couple years ago, but I think it's mostly because my supervisor tried to tie my project with another one which lacked novelty and took away focus. Either way, the paper became stuck on my backburner for a while.

Yeah, conference papers are peer reviewed as well. Depends on the situation where to submit, smaller results and shorter papers to conferences, higher quality research to journals. I'm working with Computer Science Education myself (or not really, but thats close enough for a short explanation).

Spending few days in Lisbon at a 5 star hotel is nice when you dont have to pay anything and get daily allowance on top of your salary :)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, conference papers are peer reviewed as well. Depends on the situation where to submit, smaller results and shorter papers to conferences, higher quality research to journals. I'm working with Computer Science Education myself (or not really, but thats close enough for a short explanation).

Spending few days in Lisbon at a 5 star hotel is nice when you dont have to pay anything and get daily allowance on top of your salary :)

Are you my brother? He's also in "kind of" computer science, and went to Lisbon last year for a conference. He isn't Finnish, though. Works at the University of Washington.

In Chemistry, you can go to a conference with having to have a paper submitted. Much easier. :P

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Are you my brother? He's also in "kind of" computer science, and went to Lisbon last year for a conference. He isn't Finnish, though. Works at the University of Washington.

:laugh: Didn't meet anyone from Canada there but is must be the same conference (CS-EDU)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad