OT: The Off-Topic Thread XVIII: Gif Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I've been thinking about leaving Apple for awhile now (been eligible to upgrade for a year now), might too deep to get out though :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Apparently the Pixel is the highest rated Smartphone ever. The camera is supposed to be insane

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Didn't they say that about the Note 7 before it started exploding in peoples pockets? Also, hi guys.

I have no idea to be honest, this might be the first time in history I heard about a phone within the first few months of its existence :laugh:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Apparently 15 mins of charging will give the Pixel seven hours of battery life. That's impressive if true.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I usually don't look at phone specs until the price comes out. That helps me decide whether or not to continue looking :laugh:

At $900 for the cheapest model, I've decided to not continue looking.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Sailfish OS is my choice. Nice usability, android apps work as well. Problem is that there are just couple manufacturers who use it at the moment, and the hardware is really lousy. Still better than Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) that was my previous phone.

this is what I have now: https://jolla.com/jollac/

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
iOS 10 is trash, I'll say that much. It looks nice but it's completely changed everything I'd gotten used to about my phone. So pointless.

Haven't updated yet and probably won't, irritating when everything changes every 6 months :laugh:.

Other than that, my 5s has been a ****in rock for me, I treat it like garbage, especially this past year. Dropped it countless times, charge it all night, and everything still works 100%. Battery life is getting shorter and shorter though, that's the only reason I'm finally debating getting a new phone.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I have to use both iOS and Android daily due to my line of work.

Both are solid pieces of software and the differences between them are overstated. They both have their benefits and drawbacks. Both leave me frustrated at times when trying to solve development issues, both have applications where I greatly prefer one over the other.

Overall though, both operating systems are so highly developed at this point that I don't feel strongly about one over the other. I would advise people to just use the one they prefer. FWIW an iPhone 6 is my daily driver.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I have to use both iOS and Android daily due to my line of work.

Both are solid pieces of software and the differences between them are overstated. They both have their benefits and drawbacks. Both leave me frustrated at times when trying to solve development issues, both have applications where I greatly prefer one over the other.

Overall though, both operating systems are so highly developed at this point that I don't feel strongly about one over the other. I would advise people to just use the one they prefer. FWIW an iPhone 6 is my daily driver.

Well, thanks for keeping me firmly on the fence :laugh:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Haven't updated yet and probably won't, irritating when everything changes every 6 months :laugh:.

Other than that, my 5s has been a ****in rock for me, I treat it like garbage, especially this past year. Dropped it countless times, charge it all night, and everything still works 100%. Battery life is getting shorter and shorter though, that's the only reason I'm finally debating getting a new phone.

It costs like $100 to get a third party guy to replace the battery with a new one...

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
It costs like $100 to get a third party guy to replace the battery with a new one...

Yah I've looked into it, but basically decided, if I'm gonna spend $100+ I might as well just go all the way and upgrade.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Exact same situation as you haha I'm convinced my 5S is actually made by Nokia considering the amount I throw it around. I'm gonna rock this baby till it dies though, getting a new phone just for the sake of it is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->