OT: The Off Topic Thread - Mod Warning Post #474

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron*

i'm not even a huge pro-gun guy(i don't even own a firearm) but it's like the anti-gun guys want to take the stance that inflicting restrictive, authoritarian rules on a largely law-abiding society where an absurdly small percentage of the population abuses their rights to own a weapon will somehow have a trickle-down effect whereupon laws and rules for people who do follow them will become a hindrance for people that don't. Just like how we've banned alcohol and drugs, right?

Try telling the families of that reporter and that cameraman that it's an "absurdly small percentage of the population (that) abuses their rights to own a weapon." Don't think your little speech would go over very well with them at all.

Captain Mittens*

my eyesight??
Everyone has a little glaucoma in the them.
http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/living/medical-marijuana-glaucoma-treament.cfm

It'll also make you less stressed out about getting you eyes cut open.
I had an eye operation in the 1970s. I am pretty sure they took my eyed about and smacked it like the side of a TV with a vertical hold problem, but it cleared me right up. You'll do fine.

Your eyes only get worse as you age and as a Jeff18 year old you are going to put a lot more miles on your eyes. You'll be hurting in your 40s and 50s.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
We've all been there.

23.jpg

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Everyone has a little glaucoma in the them.
http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/living/medical-marijuana-glaucoma-treament.cfm

It'll also make you less stressed out about getting you eyes cut open.
I had an eye operation in the 1970s. I am pretty sure they took my eyed about and smacked it like the side of a TV with a vertical hold problem, but it cleared me right up. You'll do fine.

Your eyes only get worse as you age and as a Jeff18 year old you are going to put a lot more miles on your eyes. You'll be hurting in your 40s and 50s.

I was kidding too. I get what you were saying. That article is telling me not to do it btw.

I know they will give me Alprazolam before they begin. I have no doubt medical marijuana is useful in certain cases and I think it will be interesting to see how it will contribute to medicine now that it's becoming more legalised. Maybe we can give it to people who have a tendency to shoot up theatres or reporters.

Captain Mittens*

I was kidding too. I get what you were saying. That article is telling me not to do it btw.

I know they will give me Alprazolam before they begin. I have no doubt medical marijuana is useful in certain cases and I think it will be interesting to see how it will contribute to medicine now that it's becoming more legalised. Maybe we can give it to people who have a tendency to shoot up theatres or reporters.

That article is saying it lasts 4-6 hours. You just need to reapply.

Your last thought it is very good one. There are an incredibly few violent stoners.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Haha I have school and work though, and doing it every single day can't be healthy for the rest of my body. I actually have myopia too, not glaucoma, so I can't see things that are far away.

Captain Mittens*

So we gotta sneak up on you from like 5 feet away. Any further out and you will see it coming

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Other way around dude. If I lose my contacts while I am out of the house, I am screwed because I won't be able drive home. I wouldn't be able to see stop signs, red lights, and cyclists, just my hands and the steering wheel. They should make contacts eyedrops so you can just drop a few drops on your eye and it will form a contact by itself. This way I can just carry around the eyedrop bottle.

Captain Mittens*

Other way around dude. If I lose my contacts while I am out of the house, I am screwed because I won't be able drive home. I wouldn't be able to see stop signs, red lights, and cyclists, just my hands and the steering wheel. They should make contacts eyedrops so you can just drop a few drops on your eye and it will form a contact by itself. This way I can just carry around the eyedrop bottle.

I talk to my people about getting you a cyclist exemption. You just have to make it look like an accident.

Captain Mittens*

I really think letting this thread age for a few weaks really brought out the oak, dragonfruit , and sage notes.
This must be a vintage.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I'm thinking about getting Lasik. Contacts annoy the hell outta me. But I saw that they use a small blade to peel back the cornea after they cut it with a laser. Kind of freaked me out.

I had a teacher over a decade ago that got it. They gave her a video of the procedure (its like 10 mins total if that). Just watching it had me squirming in my seat. If I got it, I'd be afraid that I'd yank my head right when it started cutting.

Parenting has seemed to slipped lately. I try to hire young people all the time, but they lack all kinds of basic skills.

IE: Show up on time, shower, shave, don't have a million tattoos ETC. So hard to find good young people, that can use critical thinking skills, and solve problems.

Back in my day...

back-in-my-day

:D

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. Also the skill have not having a million tattoos can't be to hard to train...And how does a beard cause any problems? Outside of the fact that you need a bike rack for all the fixies.

scryan

May 1, 2013
I may be totally wrong, but from my understanding and talking to a coworker who got it, they literally make your eyes stop working for a momnent... I think I'd just wear glasses? Seems to work well though.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
On the topic of a younger generation, parenting is lacking, therefore kids perspective is way skewed. I have a friend who teaches English 1A at a community college. Every semester she asks them, "Who here will be a millionaire by the time they are 30?"

All of them raise their hands.

She has them write papers on how they will achieve it and 95% of them say they will be clothing designers, rappers, athletes, or somehow "found out" on the internet and become Paris Hiltons or Kim Kardasians. There are a few that say they will try to work their way up and save money, but they are the tremendous minority.

As my fifth grade teacher said one day before summer break, your parent pat all of you on the back when they should have patted you harder a little lower when you were younger.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
No one talks about parenting, but I believe it's one of, if not the biggest, things that has an effect on society. Unfortunately it's very easy to have a child, but it's very difficult to be a parent. It's an incredible responsibility that very few people can handle today. It's pretty depressing when I see a little one who has two dumb**** parents. It always lingers with me throughout the day. This is a little human being that will either look at his parents as motivation to do better or look at them as an excuse to be a leech to society.

Look at two of the more recent shooters - Adam Lanza and Dylann Roof. Both kids; 20 and 21. Lanza had a fascination with mass shootings and Roof's uncle was basically afraid of the kid. What the **** were these parents doing? Lanza's parents didn't lock up their guns and roof was a high school white supremacist. ****** parents personified. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Teenagers nowadays are total ***** and need discipline.

I would never give up on my child. I would never allow them to slip further down the spiral. I would want them to better than me and become a better person. Great parenting is so important and very few people talk about it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad