OT: The Off Topic Thread - Mod Warning Post #474

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
New thread

Edited in Mod Warning.
Any further infractions in this thread will be accompanied instant thread bans. If the rules are continued to be broken in the this thread the OT thread will be shut down permanently.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
too-many-web-browser-tabs-open-meme.jpg

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
hopefully RP will close some tabs, so he can see this thread and respond :sarcasm:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This thread is slow for some reason, maybe because we have more than one off topic thread. We need to close a tab.

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
this thread should be stickied before that lazy attempt by Boba, sorry Boba but you mailed it in, Jeff18 deserves better

Captain Mittens*

I just noticed this. What the hell happened?

This is a job for the A-Team

[Yt]wyz_2DEah4o[/MEDIA]

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
i'm not even a huge pro-gun guy(i don't even own a firearm) but it's like the anti-gun guys want to take the stance that inflicting restrictive, authoritarian rules on a largely law-abiding society where an absurdly small percentage of the population abuses their rights to own a weapon will somehow have a trickle-down effect whereupon laws and rules for people who do follow them will become a hindrance for people that don't. Just like how we've banned alcohol and drugs, right?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
i'm not even a huge pro-gun guy(i don't even own a firearm) but it's like the anti-gun guys want to take the stance that inflicting restrictive, authoritarian rules on a largely law-abiding society where an absurdly small percentage of the population abuses their rights to own a weapon will somehow have a trickle-down effect whereupon laws and rules for people who do follow them will become a hindrance for people that don't. Just like how we've banned alcohol and drugs, right?

Why is that places where it's much harder to get guns like Canada and Europe have so many less gun deaths then? Anti-gun legislation works, it's a proven fact.

Of course it's not going to wipe anything out and it will still happen. But restricting the movement of guns is a good thing no matter how you frame the argument (unless it's 18th century America where you needed to organize into militias to fight the British).

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
There's simply no talking about guns. Anyone who even mentions background checks or restrictions is labeled anti-Constitution.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
I'm thinking about getting Lasik. Contacts annoy the hell outta me. But I saw that they use a small blade to peel back the cornea after they cut it with a laser. Kind of freaked me out.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Why is that places where it's much harder to get guns like Canada and Europe have so many less gun deaths then? Anti-gun legislation works, it's a proven fact.

Of course it's not going to wipe anything out and it will still happen. But restricting the movement of guns is a good thing no matter how you frame the argument (unless it's 18th century America where you needed to organize into militias to fight the British).

well for many reasons but you simply can't compare them apples to apples.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
There's simply no talking about guns. Anyone who even mentions background checks or restrictions is labeled anti-Constitution.

but you're right. the more pressing question is why is our society producing people that commit these abhorrent acts and what are we doing/what can we do to fix THAT?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Guns will always be a hot topic.

I believe that law abiding citizens should be allowed to carry a firearm for protection. That's just a personal opinion.

I carry a firearm daily, also on trips out of state(If the state I am visiting allows carry).

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I don't really even focus on guns to be honest. I'm more worried about parenting and the mental healthcare system.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Parenting has seemed to slipped lately. I try to hire young people all the time, but they lack all kinds of basic skills.

IE: Show up on time, shower, shave, don't have a million tattoos ETC. So hard to find good young people, that can use critical thinking skills, and solve problems.

Captain Mittens*

I'm thinking about getting Lasik. Contacts annoy the hell outta me. But I saw that they use a small blade to peel back the cornea after they cut it with a laser. Kind of freaked me out.

Medical Marijuana can cure that. It cures anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad