GDT: The Note vs. Jaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Even though the ducks won the last meeting, at no point did that team worry me.

Chicago still does. Their super stars can take over a game in an instant.

Kings <insert troll face>

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Agreed. We've closed the gap on the Sharks and Ducks.

The Kings and Hawks are still the boogeymen, at least in their buildings. Neither one has beaten us at home this season if I recall correctly.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Anaheim has the best record in the league and Getzlaf and Perry seem to own the Blues every game and the Blues can't win at Honda if their life depended on it. I don't get how we've all the sudden overcome them.

Yes, they worry me along with Chicago and LA. Those are the 3 top dogs.

San Jose doesn't, though.

Vancouver and Nashville are wild cards. Teams I think we should beat but have some trouble with.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Uh the Ducks have MAYBE been healthy for 5 games this season, what with the mumps/Perry and a nearly dead blueline.
The fact they are where they are is incredibly impressive.
Yeah I really don't understand how people think we're all the sudden better than them. Nothing has been done to prove that at all. They have owned us in their rink just as much as the Kings have.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Agreed. We've closed the gap on the Sharks and Ducks.

The Kings and Hawks are still the boogeymen, at least in their buildings. Neither one has beaten us at home this season if I recall correctly.

Closed the gap on the Sharks? I was unaware there ever was a gap with the Sharks, they have never scared me

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah I really don't understand how people think we're all the sudden better than them. Nothing has been done to prove that at all. They have owned us in their rink just as much as the Kings have.

The gap has closed between the teams. That's what people are saying.

Game 1: we lost bad but that was the beginning of the outbreak and the Blues were patient zero

Game 2: ducks were handled

Game 3: close game, but they didn't dominate the Blues.

There's no guarantee the Blues would win a series with the Ducks but I like our chances better then last season

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I think as far as the top teams in the west are concerned, the Blues need to show consistency if they want to compete. Sure teams like San Jose and Nashville may be near-equal, but who know what happens when the Blues play.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
Uh the Ducks have MAYBE been healthy for 5 games this season, what with the mumps/Perry and a nearly dead blueline.
The fact they are where they are is incredibly impressive.

So you're saying we should count our good games against the Ducks because they weren't healthy?

Do you not see the double standard here? You constantly bash the Blues, saying we can't compete with the tougher clubs. But we're no different than the Ducks in terms of injuries to key players. We've probably had it worse, in fact, with injuries to Jbo, Gunnar, Schwartz, Elliot, Oshie, etc.

You're holding the Blues to a completely unfair standard when comparing them to other top teams. When we poorly, it's because or defensemen don't close gaps/don't stand up at the blue line/aren't tough enough, and so on. But when other teams play poorly you blow it off and say it's only because of injuries or whatever.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Still no Thornton. That'll help.

I agree Anaheim has been impressive considering what they've been through w injuries. Doing what they need to do to win.

Going to be a good game tonight. Please no injuries. Stastny is clicking and we are healthy. Makes me nervous.

Tarasenko and jackman have been off the last few, hopefully they play well. We've done pretty well at staying out of the box. Let's continue that.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
Alex Pietrangelo hits the net with every shot he takes... Alex Pietrangelo scores 6 goals... It's happening.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Alex Pietrangelo hits the net with every shot he takes... Alex Pietrangelo scores 6 goals... It's happening.

I'd settle for a shot off the post.

I keep trying to convince myself that Schwartz's deflection was on purpose...but yea...i know better

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
So you're saying we should count our good games against the Ducks because they weren't healthy?

Do you not see the double standard here? You constantly bash the Blues, saying we can't compete with the tougher clubs. But we're no different than the Ducks in terms of injuries to key players. We've probably had it worse, in fact, with injuries to Jbo, Gunnar, Schwartz, Elliot, Oshie, etc.

You're holding the Blues to a completely unfair standard when comparing them to other top teams. When we poorly, it's because or defensemen don't close gaps/don't stand up at the blue line/aren't tough enough, and so on. But when other teams play poorly you blow it off and say it's only because of injuries or whatever.

- Nope I am saying the Ducks are not paper tigers, but the real deal and imo the best team in the league.

- Nope again I do not "constantly" bash the Blues, the Blues FANS maybe, but not the team. In fact you need to go back and read the GDT against the Ducks when we lost 4-3. I think I was the only one left at the end of the GDT defending them. One of my comments was that with that effort that game they could beat all but a very small handful of teams in the league. The Ducks are one of those teams.

- Ya that last paragraph is so not what I am about that I don't even want to get into it.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
- Nope I am saying the Ducks are not paper tigers, but the real deal and imo the best team in the league.

- Nope again I do not "constantly" bash the Blues, the Blues FANS maybe, but not the team. In fact you need to go back and read the GDT against the Ducks when we lost 4-3. I think I was the only one left at the end of the GDT defending them. One of my comments was that with that effort that game they could beat all but a very small handful of teams in the league. The Ducks are one of those teams.

- Ya that last paragraph is so not what I am about that I don't even want to get into it.

I guess I might be confusing you with someone else? My apologies if I am, but I thought you were one of the handful of posters advocating blowing up the team because we can't compete with top teams on the road.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jesus these americans commercials. Makes me hungry and want to drive nice cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad