GDT: The Note vs. Jaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Nah, I actually think Hitch was ordered to slow Tarasenko down so the team won't have to pay him zillion dollars this summer. But the plan didn't work out. But they can try it the next time.

P9s on Twitter suggested that the Sharks were rope-a-doping the Blues by inflating their stats so they become too expensive to keep together :laugh:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
P9s on Twitter suggested that the Sharks were rope-a-doping the Blues by inflating their stats so they become too expensive to keep together :laugh:

Yeah, it looks like the Blues management was unlucky with this situation. On the other hand they can now trade Oshie for a lot. 9 points in the last 3 games for him, and pretty decent 11+14 in 33 gp.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I was surprised to read that Schwartz is very chippy on the ice. Constantly chirping the other team.

He's a competitor through and through. In addition to all of the things both Vlad and Schwartz bring, they both are fierce competitors and that only makes them more dangerous.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I don't see it as a lasting problem, and I think the all-star break will help a lot. Hitchcock also needs the other two lines to keep being reliable so that minutes can be sensible down the stretch and heading into the post-season.

Not just the other two lines but the 4th line can easily play 11-12 minutes if need be. Hitch puts a lot of trust in Ott and Lapierre and for good reason. These guys are very good at their jobs. Reaves can be overexposed but Ott and Lapierre work well with him.

But yes, Hitch can go into a game and say "I'm gonna roll with Stastny's line as the second line tonight and give the STL line just 13 minutes or so." This will be huge in the second half as he tries to keep the legs fresh.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You're gonna see Stastny's impact as the season goes on and especially into the playoffs, IMO. Backes and Lehtera are good but both have the ability to wear themselves down for different reasons this year. Having Stastny there as well will take some of the load off them and allow us to roll at least three good top 6 centers against the other teams in the West. That's gonna be very important to have him.

Plus Stastny was great in the playoffs last year for Colorado. Has a total of 18 points in 22 postseason games. I honestly have more faith in him to show up when it matters than I do in half our roster.

People can say "Oh you're paying him 7 mil to be on the 3rd-line" but that's just because of how the lines are working out right now. He's better than that and he'll continue to get more ice time and get comfortable, and you can already see his offensive numbers heating up.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Exactly, at any point, Backes, Stastny or Lehterä can shoulder the team for 20min. We've seen it happen with Lehtera in the beginning and Stastny has taken a few 20min nights, playing more then Backes.

Some rivals fans are right...we may not have elite 1st line talent but if Lehterä can stay freah. I'll take our forward group over anyones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad