The Trilogy Concludes

Game 41 of 82 tonight.
LGB. Tank gets 2 goals this evening.
Untitled-4.jpg

stl-over-sj.jpg

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
When I initially glanced at the thread title, my eyes saw a different vowel in jaws.

Looking at that picture from the last playoffs against them really tells me that I was delusional to believe that team was a contender.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
Looking at that picture from the last playoffs against them really tells me that I was delusional to believe that team was a contender.
:laugh:
You would have thought based on that series. It is quite the reality check when facing the elite contenders though. The Stanley Cup, is really hard to win.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Hoping the STL line can get going. Vladdy seems a bit frustrated. He needs to shoot more, but he can't really do so with how their shifts have been as of late. So much of the coverage drifts toward Tarasenko that the dmen are giving themselves the green light a little too often, IMO. Nothing wrong with throwing pucks on the net, but here's to hoping they're more willing to hang onto it to make a play vs. taking a harmless shot. It's not like Schwartz and Tarasenko have a hard time getting space or winning battles.

Lehtera being tired is certainly a factor, but the flow of transitioning and battling for position down low, only to turn around quickly and go the other way (after a high and wide point shot) is not helping.

EDIT: Also, heard this from Kerber on XM this morning -- 16 of the last 23 games were on the road. With multiple sets of layover days. I knew it was happening, but it's easy to forget. That had to have played a part. Looking forward to seeing what they look like after getting settled back in at home.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Hitch gets the match ups he wants.

No less then 4 goals scored for the good guys.

Preferably after Thursday and Saturday, Towel guy is on IR with a torn rotator cup from throwing so many towels

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
Preferably after Thursday and Saturday, Towel guy is on IR with a torn rotator cup from throwing so many towels
1. That is funny

2. I was at the Caps game a month or so ago, on a Saturday night. There seemed to be some lady doing the towel guy's work. She was terrible at the timing. Ha. Idk what that was all about. Hoped it was not permanent.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues are starting the play Blues hockey these past 2 games. The forecheck and backcheck have been much better. The D is limiting the high quality chances too. Playing more as a team than individually. 13 goals in the past 2 games and 0 by Frank. Glad they aren't relying on him for most of the scoring too. He's still playing great and has been dangerous and creating too.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Go Blues! I will be there as the woman got us tickets for Christmas. It's been a while. Hoping to see a ton of goals again, preferably for the good guys. Debuting my new Tarasenko jersey tonight. I'm more than ready!

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
2. I was at the Caps game a month or so ago, on a Saturday night. There seemed to be some lady doing the towel guy's work. She was terrible at the timing. Ha. Idk what that was all about. Hoped it was not permanent.

I was there too, she just didn't bring the same enthusiasm that you need to adequately do that job.

It was like asking Ott to fill in for Schwartz.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Let's end the first half of the season on a strong note.

Lehtera will benefit from the all-star break. He's not the only one, but the most noticeable.

Tarasenko is forcing things a little too much lately. I think Schwartz' return will help him settle back down. Schwartz/Lehtera need to be a credible threat on that line to make teams honest in the way they defend Vlad.

Lindstrom is done? I don't think we'll see more than a spot here and there from him from here on out.

Steen's turn for a hat-trick. And Tarasenko with a snipe goal just to remind the universe that he's dangerous. I'd like a multi-point Shattenkirk night. I want him to vault into first in D-man points just so the league has to deal with where to rank him in the Norris discussion.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
When I initially glanced at the thread title, my eyes saw a different vowel in jaws.

:laugh: Very true.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Let's end the first half of the season on a strong note.

Lehtera will benefit from the all-star break. He's not the only one, but the most noticeable.

Tarasenko is forcing things a little too much lately. I think Schwartz' return will help him settle back down. Schwartz/Lehtera need to be a credible threat on that line to make teams honest in the way they defend Vlad.

Lindstrom is done? I don't think we'll see more than a spot here and there from him from here on out.

Steen's turn for a hat-trick. And Tarasenko with a snipe goal just to remind the universe that he's dangerous. I'd like a multi-point Shattenkirk night. I want him to vault into first in D-man points just so the league has to deal with where to rank him in the Norris discussion.

I hope the league starts paying more attention to kirk, he's so good outside of his offense. Several times I've seen him simple walk around forcheckers with the puck and send it up ice. I can't comment too much more on defense as he's not as noticable (a good thing) he's just so solid this year

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'm gonna sit down tonight with a few knishes and a bottle of Manischewitz and watch the inevitable mishegas that is Blues hockey

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Thinking about scoring 6 again, I started thinking about team goal differential. How the hell does Anaheim have such a tiny goal differential and lead the league in points? They must have had several blow-out losses.

I attended a Minnesota/Anaheim game this year, and came away a lot more impressed with how the Wild played than the Ducks, but of course the Ducks won. Every time I see them play I think the same thing, including the games vs the Blues. Are they a paper tiger, or just so good that they aren't challenged enough to play their best against average teams?

I do think the Pacific is much easier than the Central this season. I'd love it if Calgary can find some way to sneak in to the wildcard ahead of the Kings. I also think the Blues will vie for the division lead again by the end of another 6 weeks of play, with the way the schedule goes.

Between road games and games against the West elite, the Blues have had a very difficult schedule recently. I think a lot of their "slump" is just the fact that they played a tough schedule. I sense they're poised to go on a winning streak and close the points gap with Nashville (assuming the Preds ever lose another game).

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I'm gonna sit down tonight with a few knishes and a bottle of Manischewitz and watch the inevitable mishegas that is Blues hockey

You're meshuggah if you think this team is bringing you any nachas. Except for Schwartz. He's a mensch.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Thinking about scoring 6 again, I started thinking about team goal differential. How the hell does Anaheim have such a tiny goal differential and lead the league in points? They must have had several blow-out losses.

I attended a Minnesota/Anaheim game this year, and came away a lot more impressed with how the Wild played than the Ducks, but of course the Ducks won. Every time I see them play I think the same thing, including the games vs the Blues. Are they a paper tiger, or just so good that they aren't challenged enough to play their best against average teams?

I do think the Pacific is much easier than the Central this season. I'd love it if Calgary can find some way to sneak in to the wildcard ahead of the Kings. I also think the Blues will vie for the division lead again by the end of another 6 weeks of play, with the way the schedule goes.

Between road games and games against the West elite, the Blues have had a very difficult schedule recently. I think a lot of their "slump" is just the fact that they played a tough schedule. I sense they're poised to go on a winning streak and close the points gap with Nashville (assuming the Preds ever lose another game).

Anaheim has had a fairly easy schedule and luck with 1 goal games, that's really all it comes down to. They are a top 10 team, but not #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad