GDT: The North Jersey Showdow|Jackets@Devils|7:00 p.m.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I feel like I've seen lately more odd mans against from ill advised 4 on 3's and 4 on 2's than from pinches on the wall. That's where I think Torts' approach sticks out relative to other coaches strategies - it's in getting D on the rush, sometimes both of them. We've seen how devastating it is when the other team's D pinches on us over and over again and we can't get out of our zone, I think that kind of pressure is essential. Anyways - it's hard to see if we even disagree on anything here - we'd have to look at specific plays.
I think we're definitely in agreement haha, just talking about different aspects of safe is death. I can think of one play in particular involving Harry last game that illustrates my point, but the chances of me finding it are minimal. Regardless, I'm sure we would both agree that it was a puck he shouldn't have pinched on anyways.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

That is a pretty, pretty, pretty bad lineup. Jackets should win by 3. Anything less than that is an L in my book.

Just kidding. Plz get 2 points.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I feel like I've seen lately more odd mans against from ill advised 4 on 3's and 4 on 2's than from pinches on the wall. That's where I think Torts' approach sticks out relative to other coaches strategies - it's in getting D on the rush, sometimes both of them. We've seen how devastating it is when the other team's D pinches on us over and over again and we can't get out of our zone, I think that kind of pressure is essential. Anyways - it's hard to see if we even disagree on anything here - we'd have to look at specific plays.

Nothing scares goalies more than David Savard and his deadly offensive skills bearing down on you...

jaxfan45385

Oct 29, 2007
Since NJ is a team that we should and usually do beat, Torts would be wise to try to experiment offensively. See what happens if we play a fast transition game, or change our zone entry to "carry in and pull up for a pass". See what happens defensively if we tell the defensemen to let the forwards focus on offense, and stop pinching on 50/50 pucks.

You expect Torts to change his game plan now? ROTFLMFAO You got another thing coming. (Priest reference, Judas not Mike)

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Beer is equally as important as the pizza in that scenario, imo. Don't short yourself.
Working third shift has its perks ($$$) but also some big downsides (thirst for blood, paleness, hissing fits when exposed to sun, and not able to get intoxicated during weekday sports)

Reactions: Jovavic

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Would be nice if the Jackets scored the first goal. Too often it seems like they're playing from behind.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Someone said this could be the start of a comeback... I agree as long as we don't give up 4 goals in the first 30 minutes..

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Rimer is out with an upper body injury tonight

Bob McGoofBall gets the play by play on TV

Can't they just let Shelley call the game himself?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad