The NHL Trade Discussion Thread Part III (NHL & NJ deals, speculation, rumors, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't be surprised if there was an out of left field trade like Gelinas packaged with somebody to try to get a forward back or at least a good forward prospect.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly, I don't really care one way or the other what happens tomorrow. The only guy I felt we 100% needed to trade was Jagr, and that deal got done. If there's a good deal out there for Zid, great. If not, oh well. Ryder and Havlat are likely worth 4th/5th rounders at best, so no big deal either way if they get moved or not. Although we don't have a 5th or 7th rounder this year, right? So maybe another late pick or two would be nice. As long as we don't give anything of value up for a rental or band-aid I'll be good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If Lou is offered anything for Ryder or havlat he has to take it.

You never know what you can get in later rounds.
Low odds but teams hit home runs in those rounds.
Ex: Lundy

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
My guess is Ryder is off the team tomorrow, probably for a 5th or so. Havlat will probably stay, I don't think anyone really wants him but with that salary it's really almost no risk (but that's what we thought). Zidlicky is the real wild card. He's made it clear he loves New Jersey but I think we can sign him in the offseason if we truly want to and the few months working toward possibly winning a Stanley Cup will be worth it for him.

Final guess:
Ryder: Goes
Havlat: Stays
Zidlicky: Goes

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If Lou is offered anything for Ryder or havlat he has to take it.

You never know what you can get in later rounds.
Low odds but teams hit home runs in those rounds.
Ex: Lundy

kiwidevil

Do you really think Lou wants to hold onto Ryder/Havlat if he could get anything for them?
They've been healthy scratched almost more than they've played.

I am sure some of you will turn any situation possible into a negative move by the Devils.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Do you really think Lou wants to hold onto Ryder/Havlat if he could get anything for them?
They've been healthy scratched almost more than they've played.

I am sure some of you will turn any situation possible into a negative move by the Devils.

I'm fully expecting there to be calls for Lou's head tomorrow no matter what we do.:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we're signing a veteran defenseman next season, we should bring back Zidlicky. I'd actually like him back, we're really gonna need his offense. I don't really think he'll fall off too much and if he does, it'll just be a one year deal and no risk.

At the same time, we absolutely need to trade him tomorrow. Trade him tomorrow and if he likes it enough in Jersey, he can sign with us again on July 1st.

I think we can get back something good.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My guess is Ryder is off the team tomorrow, probably for a 5th or so. Havlat will probably stay, I don't think anyone really wants him but with that salary it's really almost no risk (but that's what we thought). Zidlicky is the real wild card. He's made it clear he loves New Jersey but I think we can sign him in the offseason if we truly want to and the few months working toward possibly winning a Stanley Cup will be worth it for him.

Final guess:
Ryder: Goes
Havlat: Stays
Zidlicky: Goes

I'm fine with keeping Havlat if no one wants him.

Don't re sign him after this season though, he's finished in this league.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
If you trade Zidlicky I don't know if he's coming back to NJ. I mean he may, but he would only do so because he doesn't want to move his family out.

I'd be pretty pissed off as a player if I got traded for 4 months and away from my family. I doubt Zids cares that he is helping the Devils out in the longterm.

Just my opinion of how I would feel in Zids shoes.

kiwidevil

I'm fully expecting there to be calls for Lou's head tomorrow no matter what we do.:laugh:

"What??!! a 5th for Ryder???? Pfft any hack GM could get a 4th. May as well give it to another team as Conte is going to screw up anyway. Any other GM would turn it into Tanner Pearson, while Conte will probably draft some grinder as he doesn't want prospects to score goals!"

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you trade Zidlicky I don't know if he's coming back to NJ. I mean he may, but he would only do so because he doesn't want to move his family out.

I'd be pretty pissed off as a player if I got traded for 4 months and away from my family. I doubt Zids cares that he is helping the Devils out in the longterm.

Just my opinion of how I would feel in Zids shoes.

He gets to play past early April though.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He gets to play past early April though.

I really don't think that's a priority for him. I think he'd rather be in a comfortable situation where he's close to his family, which he has now. I can't really blame him if he doesn't want to go somewhere else, even if it is just for a couple months.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I really don't think that's a priority for him. I think he'd rather be in a comfortable situation where he's close to his family, which he has now. I can't really blame him if he doesn't want to go somewhere else, even if it is just for a couple months.

I had a very similar thing happen to me. I got offered to move out on NJ for 3 months, but the living situation financially wasn't as ideal as it is for me now. I ended up turning down the offer. That's why I kinda understand the situation Zids is in. It's not as easy as just being traded and moving on. He has the choice and if he is more happy with the Devils then I can't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad