The NHL Trade Discussion Thread Part III (NHL & NJ deals, speculation, rumors, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For the teams that strike out on Vermette. Chris Stewart and Glencross will be plan Bs.

Our junk is plan Zs.

Also to note TSN still doesn't have Zids in their top ten players to be moved.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
For the teams that strike out on Vermette. Chris Stewart and Glencross will be plan Bs.

Our junk is plan Zs.

Also to note TSN still doesn't have Zids in their top ten players to be moved.

At first I thought maybe they know he won't waive his NTC, but then I realized it's Lou and how could they possibly know that for sure? I think he can be a good rental for a team. But I haven't seen their top 10 in a while so I'm not sure if there's anyone I'd put him over, I'm just a little surprised they haven't even speculated about Zids once thus far.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jagr was in their top ten, though he's been making it obvious for a while he wanted to be moved and he didn't have a NTC.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
At first I thought maybe they know he won't waive his NTC, but then I realized it's Lou and how could they possibly know that for sure? I think he can be a good rental for a team. But I haven't seen their top 10 in a while so I'm not sure if there's anyone I'd put him over, I'm just a little surprised they haven't even speculated about Zids once thus far.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-trade-bait-1.203546

This the latest.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Jagr was in their top ten, though he's been making it obvious for a while he wanted to be moved and he didn't have a NTC.

I think they are going off what little info Zids has given over the months. How much he likes it here. How he is a family man and loves being close to them. Lack of grumpy comments. Etc etc.

All adds up to make it seem he won't waive his NTC.

Plus there are other guys on defense that are more definitely on the block that would go before him it seems.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I like gossip as much as the next person, but let's keep the 'Internet rumors' about Sharp or anyone else off the board for the moment until there's an actual credible source cause it can be considered libel.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Anyone know the condition on the 3rd next year?

I assume it's either Florida making the playoffs, or Jagr re-signing. As much as I'd like to see Jagr succeed, I'm rooting for Florida to fallout, so we can have 3 picks in the top-40, hopefully.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Anyone know the condition on the 3rd next year?

I assume it's either Florida making the playoffs, or Jagr re-signing. As much as I'd like to see Jagr succeed, I'm rooting for Florida to fallout, so we can have 3 picks in the top-40, hopefully.

The condition is we pick which 3rd we want. They have 2 third rounders.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well they can't say they're taking one third-rounder or the other till they know which one is actually going to be lower...ergo the condition.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The condition is which ever one is higher we get. We don't get to "pick" though the result is the same.

Either way it's a decent haul for a 43 year old who is declining.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Ryder is next.
What is with you and Zid? That is one of the best players on the team.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
WTF? Clarkson for Horton?
How dumb is Columbus to take this garbe of a contract for clarkson?
Toronto must have tears in their eyes from laughing to not have this contract against their salary cap^^

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Toronto must have tears in their eyes from laughing to not have this contract against their salary cap^^

Horton's contract wont be on their salary cap either ..

Columbus is thinking, if we need to pay someone 30 million, might as well him actually play. They dont have super rich owners that can pay someone that much and not play

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
Horton's contract wont be on their salary cap either ..

Columbus is thinking, if we need to pay someone 30 million, might as well him actually play. They dont have super rich owners that can pay someone that much and not play
so, does horton has an equal contract?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Horton's contraxt isn't insured and he most likely won't be playing again so Columbus would be paying out of pocket for Horton to sit at home.

Their thinking is to pay for someone on the ice. Even if it's almost the same cap hit.

Still a weird trade and Toronto made off like bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad