The NHL Trade Discussion Thread Part II (NHL & NJ deals, speculation, rumors, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Something to watch, options are dwindling down for Boston. Winnik, Tlusty, Jagr, maybe more are off the table. There is some familiarity with Ryder already so I'm hoping thats a possible destination. Hopefully Ryder gets in tomorrow against...Boston.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Something to watch, options are dwindling down for Boston. Winnik, Tlusty, Jagr, maybe more are off the table. There is some familiarity with Ryder already so I'm hoping thats a possible destination. Hopefully Ryder gets in tomorrow against...Boston.

I don't think they get anything done. Their cap issues are going ruin them. Unless someone eats a contract and im not sure who they dump (and who is willing to take it).

Imagine they will push for Glencross but they need to make room.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

It would be kind of funny if he got traded right before the game.:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It would be kind of funny if he got traded right before the game.:laugh:

Lou: The good news Michael is you're playing tonight
Ryder: I've been looking forward to this, coach
Lou: The bad news is it'll be for the other team, we just traded you to the Bruins...locker room's over there, best of luck to you
Ryder: <runs away screaming YESSSS!>

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Saw someone suggest they might be looking for a D man also (Chicago). But im guessing they will be going forwards also.

The Kane LTIR doesn't really give them room for both. I think they can fit Vermette but not defense too unless someone is leaving.

Lack of cap geek sucks right now.

DevilWithin

Feb 24, 2015
New Jersey
Upcoming Moves?

Will the Devils decide to move other older players such as Gomez? Zubrus? Maybe even Elias?
Lamouriello mentioned they are still going for that last playoff position. Bozak might be a good acquisition for this? Any thoughts?:handclap:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I would take Sharp+Teravainen+

Sharp still has 32 points in 47 games this year which is a better PPG than anyone on the Devils, his contract is not that long anyway.

So would I. I think any offer that includes Teravainen needs to considered hard by NJ.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Remember how crazy excited CBJ was when they signed Horton? That they finally got a big dog in UFA and were ready to be a top team for years to come?

Pretty bonkers that 18 months later it's turned into this.

Shows the folly of free agency and just how "short-term" it's solutions are (more a mine field actually!).

Crazy how Clowe, Clarkson, Horton were three of the bigger FA guys a few years ago. A few years from now they might all be out of the league entirely.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
we already have Bozak on our team. his name is Travis Zajac.

Bozak is an adventure and pretty soft when playing defense. But he can play a good offensive game. Zajac's offensive acumen/shot have gone into the forest somewhere.

Combine the two and you'd have a heck of a top line center.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
No to Bozak. Overpaid and too much term.

I'd consider Bozak if it was a cap dump and literally no assets in exchange.

We need centers as much as wingers really over the next few years. People need to realize how poor our forwards group is not just on paper for next year, but even the year after and even after that unless we trade for a couple, sign one or two and hope Boucher and Matteau can fill in and hold spots as guys like Zubrus and Elias are phased out/retired respectively.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I'd consider Bozak if it was a cap dump and literally no assets in exchange.

We need centers as much as wingers really over the next few years. People need to realize how poor our forwards group is not just on paper for next year, but even the year after and even after that unless we trade for a couple, sign one or two and hope Boucher and Matteau can fill in and hold spots as guys like Zubrus and Elias are phased out/retired respectively.

At that cap hit I would not consider him. He is a 3rd line center. $4.2 million for that is way too much. No reason to take on another bad contract, we have enough.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Bozak is an adventure and pretty soft when playing defense. But he can play a good offensive game. Zajac's offensive acumen/shot have gone into the forest somewhere.

Combine the two and you'd have a heck of a top line center.

I can't agree with this. He doesn't bring that much offense. He has played with Kessel and JVR and isn't exactly lighting it up. Combine the two and you still have a defensive 2nd line center that can't create offense for himself, AKA a very slight upgrade to Zajac right now.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
No to Bozak, or anyone over age 30. I actually saw a few people on twitter mad enough to want us to acquire Glencross. Please god no. Stop it.

Please let Jagr be the first piece to go for the firesale.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I can't agree with this. He doesn't bring that much offense. He has played with Kessel and JVR and isn't exactly lighting it up. Combine the two and you still have a defensive 2nd line center that can't create offense for himself, AKA a very slight upgrade to Zajac right now.

I'm not sure how good he is defensively if any good at all, but a 40 to 50 point center at 4.2 million isn't the worst thing in the world. Unless he is a defensive black hole.

Then again he may produce just as little as Zajac given the talent drop off from JVR and Kessel and is probably worse defensively so...probably not worth it.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I'm not sure how good he is defensively if any good at all, but a 40 to 50 point center at 4.2 million isn't the worst thing in the world. Unless he is a defensive black hole.

Then again he may produce just as little as Zajac given the talent drop off from JVR and Kessel and is probably worse defensively so...probably not worth it.

He is a 40 to 50 point center with JVR and Kessel, two first line quality players and in Kessel's case one of the best wingers in the league. What do you think he will do with the wingers here? It is a bad idea IMO. I can see why someone would be in favour of adding him just based on his numbers last season but overall I don't think he would be a good addition. See those being an anomaly.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Also interesting to see that about 6 teams are in on Vermette according to TSN. I wonder if the teams that miss out on the big rentals settle for some of the players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad