The NHL Trade Discussion Thread Part II (NHL & NJ deals, speculation, rumors, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It does kind of make me nervous holding off till the last minute when you have older players involved that can be injury risks :P

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
He's scratching and clawing to hold on but his grip is slipping.
And faster than a lot of you thought a few months ago.

When you consistently win, people can overlook someone's flaws as in Lou's case, who can be domineering at times. When you lose, people's patience dries up and your flaws suddenly aren't acceptable. That sounds like what you're saying.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Continue dissecting every Lou quote :P

Clarkson should have been gone at the 2013 deadline, especially after it came out how much he didn't get along with Elias and had one foot out the door. Instead we got that embarrassing Steve Sullivan trade. Fayne probably should have been dealt last year with all the young d-men knocking on the door, instead we got Ruutu when we already have like three players exactly like him. His track record at the deadline recently isn't good, which is why people are freaking out right now. I'm terrified of what he might do over these next few weeks.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Lou has ****ed this team up...like Mike Milbury ****ed up the Islanders!!!

He's not in that territory yet. If he deserves credit for anything, it's for not making any really devastating shortsighted trades.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
He's not in that territory yet. If he deserves credit for anything, it's for not making any really devastating shortsighted trades.

signing Ryan Clowe, resigning Savador and Zubrus buying out Volchankov and letting Parisi go for nothing ....that's not Dedevastating and shortsighted ?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
signing Ryan Clowe, resigning Savador and Zubrus buying out Volchankov and letting Parisi go for nothing ....that's not Dedevastating and shortsighted ?

They were bad moves but he didn't surrender any key personnel assets to get them. Milbury did the opposite.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jagr's value isn't that high. If you can get a 2nd rounder, you take it and run. Zidlicky I feel much the same.

Jagr's kind of decreasing his value by the day anyway. Zid we still don't even know what he's thinking. He hasn't exactly been as public as Jagr wanting out.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You keep mentioning a lot about the new ownership and possible changes coming. Who do you think will be the new GM?

Your guess is as good as mine.
I just have a gut feeling that a change will be made.

I have heard rumors but I will keep them close to the vest since they can't be validated , yet.

One of them is so outlandish and it would infuriate the majority of this board.
But I have no knowledge of a change or replacement, just my opinion that change is near.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
When you consistently win, people can overlook someone's flaws as in Lou's case, who can be domineering at times. When you lose, people's patience dries up and your flaws suddenly aren't acceptable. That sounds like what you're saying.

Well put, Sir.

I hope he gives us some parting gifts if in fact its his last dance at the trade gala.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

you cannot include the parisi situation in the discussion that team wen to the finals you make your runs when you have the chance it almost worked i will not criticize him for parisi that is the ultimate monday morning quarterbacking...

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Is there ANYONE on this team(that we can trade) that another team would want?

zidlicky

a team lets say like the islanders who may be close and feel they need a little boost may be interested in a guy like jagr.

bernier may have some value

possibly scott gomez.. although i wouldn't mind seeing him back next year

ryder i don't think there is any demad for , same with havlat short of like a 4th or 5th round pick maybe

andy greene would fetch a sizable return but instantly set this club further back and unless we are getting top shelf young forward prospect probably won't happen

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
People we wouldnt want to move....

The sad part is if you make an actual list of players on this team another team might actually trade for all things considered.

Henrique
Larsson
Schneider
Severson

Maybe:
Merrill
Zajac
Cammalleri

That's pretty much it, and that's really sad.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Erikssen + Seidenberg are being made available by Boston for future cap flexibility.

I would offer Jagr + Zidlicky for the two, even though Seidenberg has 3 seasons left on his contract.
We need a veteran defensive defenseman with Salvador not going to come back; and Harrold & Fraser not good enough. Seidenberg could be a steady partner that Severson needs given we don't want to split the current Greene-Larsson pairing.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I like Zajac, but I'm not sure any team would make a "hockey trade" for Zajac where we get true value in exchange. They might take him as a cap dump, but his value is not that high due to some really inconsistent offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad