The NHL TRADE Discussion (NHL & NJ deals, speculation, rumors, etc.) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

I am all for getting draft picks, but I would rather players that could potentially help this team. Our drafting hasn't been the greatest and lets face it guys we are not trading for a top 10 picks. The way I see it is we are going to trade Ryder for a pick because that is all he gonna get at his value. Unless there are more teams interested and that bumps up the value. Also, Jagr is getting traded without a question. I do think we will get a conditional 1st and a guarantee 2nd rounder and a prospect. If Lou was able to get a 2nd and a player for Jason Arnott a few years ago we could get the same for Jagr.

Another player that we haven't mentioned that could get traded is Bernie. He has played very well and has produced. He could be an asset to a teams 3rd and 4th line like he was for us a few years back. I actually wouldn't mind keeping him, but if we can get value back for him and sign him in the summer, I would be fine with that.

Get rid of all the people that can not skate anymore. Josefson should be on a line with Henrique. Speed Kills in hockey.

Actually Skills and competence and IQ Kill in hockey, plenty of speed/skill denoms denoms that haven't amounted to much in the league.

GhostofKenKlee

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Only problem with this statement is; people didn't want to come here when we were winning 45+ games a season and winning Stanley Cups also.

Yes, very telling. Stale environment. No fun. But that success is in the past. We can't operate successfully with that type of stigma hanging over the organization.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
If we played an exciting brand of hockey and were a little less robotic of an organization, I truly believe that these agents would have a different perspective of us.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yes, very telling. Stale environment. No fun. But that success is in the past. We can't operate successfully with that type of stigma hanging over the organization.

It's the stigma of the State, it always has been. Ask someone more than 300 miles from our borders about New Jersey and count the seconds before the phrase "Toxic Waste" pops up.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If we played an exciting brand of hockey and were a little less robotic of an organization, I truly believe that these agents would have a different perspective of us.

Like in 2000 and 2001 when Selanne refused to come here?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lou and the Devils structure isn't for everyone, big deal. Conversely some people would rather play in anonymity here than go to a pressure cooker like Montreal.

Camm's a pro and he legit wanted to come here. Many players and alums have come back, people talk like Lou is toxic.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Lou and the Devils structure isn't for everyone, big deal. Conversely some people would rather play in anonymity here than go to a pressure cooker like Montreal.

Camm's a pro and he legit wanted to come here. Many players and alums have come back, people talk like Lou is toxic.

I wouldn't say Lou is toxic, but if you had the choice to play somewhere else with more freedom, wouldn't you?

Pretty sure that was 03 too. I think it was Selanne for Gomez. That was also a year there were rumors we were in on Miroslav Satan.

Selanne didnt want to play on the East Coast. He didnt single out NJ, he would have turned down Philly and the Rangers too.

Devils had a deal in place. Ricci and Selanne for Gomez, another prospect and a 1st round pick.

That pick would have been Parise.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wouldn't say Lou is toxic, but if you had the choice to play somewhere else with more freedom, wouldn't you?

Again like I said it's not for everyone...some people want structure and discipline though. And until recently there was the culture of winning that was a plus checkmark. Defensemen in particular have loved coming here in part cause of the system.

It's funny how people don't want to come or stay here yet Lou resigned Cory, Greene and Henrique all within the last year plus.

Last edited:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Honestly it's probably more of a Newark thing.

Also, lack of facial hair and no longer a cake travel schedule. Although it's still the best in the league.

I seriously doubt it's a Newark thing. Some NHL arenas are in pretty sketchy areas.... Joe Louis Arena in Detroit and The United Center in Chicago come to mind. Jersey City and Hoboken are great for young players... NYC is right there... and North Jersey has some of the best and wealthiest suburbs and school districts in the nation... give me a break. It's Lou, coaching instability, lack of a farm system, and half empty buildings. Those would be the reasons I wouldn't sign here.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly it's probably more of a Newark thing.

Also, lack of facial hair and no longer a cake travel schedule. Although it's still the best in the league.

Jason Giambi and Johnny Damon were among the biggest facial hair wackos in baseball until they went to the Yankees. Money talks as much as anything else.

GhostofKenKlee

Great point regarding Yankees, the Devils have similar policies. Also, I like that LL doesn't allow players to be jackholes on twitter and get into trouble like Seguin and Benn did last week on a radio show.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Jason Giambi and Johnny Damon were among the biggest facial hair wackos in baseball until they went to the Yankees. Money talks as much as anything else.

True but Yank's were able to outspend other teams by a considerable margin. Dev's don't have that luxury.

GhostofKenKlee

Maybe you're forgetting about Cam Janssen.

Yes, CamJan? That was shut down real quick. How's his Devil career going? He went on some obscure podcast without team permission and flapped a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad