The NHL TRADE Discussion (NHL & NJ deals, speculation, rumors, etc.) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Since the other thread hit 1,000 and will be closed soon....

Jagr fits our system. You could say he is at his peak and could go down in another system.

Ryder doesn't fit at all. Can argue in a different system he could flourish. One is 43 the other is 34.

Honestly I don't think either gets traded. I 100% believe Lou plans to keep Jagr and bring him back another year.

What if Lou keeps resigning Jagr to prove to Bettman that forwards can play until they are 44....

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think we should also blame Lou for Kane going under the knife.

ok, just kidding.

I'll feel the same way if Jagr and Zids are still here - but I felt that way the last two years when I thought we should be selling.

It would be nice to get something back but I have a feeling those NMCs are going to kill us.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
On the day of Jagrs' 44 birthday, Lou sends Bettman Jagrs' resume. :laugh:

To get back on topic, if Jagr and Zidlicky are still here after TDL, Lou is doing something wrong. The only way is if he got completely lowballed on both.

Or Zids didn't waive his NTC and Jagr didn't want to be traded.

That assumes we have a dance partner.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
For whomever said WPG is looking for D -

Bogosian
Buff
Enstrom
Trouba
Stuart
Clitsome
Harrison
Pardy
Chiarot
Postma

yeah - I guess Merrill squeezes in under Stuart as #6, but...

I really think they would've wanted a top6 F back to replace Kane - not add a #6 D.

Last edited:

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 3m3 minutes ago
Can tell you that Evander Kane's surgery doesn't change a thing for one interested team. Not a huge deal if you're thinking long-term.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think we should also blame Lou for Kane going under the knife.

ok, just kidding.

I'll feel the same way if Jagr and Zids are still here - but I felt that way the last two years when I thought we should be selling.

It would be nice to get something back but I have a feeling those NMCs are going to kill us.

I think it's a little different now. The last couple years they hovered around the playoffs and we didn't have the young D making an impact like they are now.

Lou finally ditched the older D in getting rid of Tallinder and Volchenkov to make way for a youth movement on defense. Now it's time for him to do the same with the forwards. Jagr and Zidlicky can get us picks or prospects (or picks we can flip for forwards) to begin to start the youth movement on offense. Room needs to be made on the left side for Boucher and Matteau next year as well.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 3m3 minutes ago
Can tell you that Evander Kane's surgery doesn't change a thing for one interested team. Not a huge deal if you're thinking long-term.

:facepalm: If it really is us, I sure hope Kane's cheap and Lou is really sure we can fix the attitude issues.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
BTW - if Lou really does acquire Kane, I think we can finally put the "Lou was forced to acquire Kovy" theories to bed.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
WPG may want a top 6 forward back, but in reality they wont get one. From the other teams end, trading back top 6 of equal value makes no sense given the circumstances. I'd expect they get back a good top 6 winger but not at Kane's level.

Edit: Now that Kane is having season ending surgery does WPG trade for a lesser package to bolster their team for the playoff push? Better something now than something a little better in the future?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
WPG may want a top 6 forward back, but in reality they wont get one. From the other teams end, trading back top 6 of equal value makes no sense given the circumstances. I'd expect they get back a good top 6 winger but not at Kane's level.

Edit: Now that Kane is having season ending surgery does WPG trade for a lesser package to bolster their team for the playoff push? Better something now than something a little better in the future?

Give tjem Jagr and a third and call it a day.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

what you say makes sense - but only from a playoff team.

if a team like Edmonton wants to make a lateral change of scenery move, I can see an Eberle/Kane swap - for example - or a Carolina Skinner/Kane swap or something of that ilk...

As far as a playoff push goes... do you think they have enough right now to make the playoffs without Kane? I doubt they completely fold the tents - but...

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
the long term thing might be the Sabres

Enroth+ maybe? He's a free agent though... don't think they are sold on Pavelec/Hutch getting them into/through the playoffs.

Who else could the Sabres send? Myers doesn't make a whole lot of sense since WPG seems to have 4 guys already clamoring for #1D man icetime.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
So what was the theory? Seems like a lot of posters have insinuated Lou never wanted Kovy at all, that JVB was behind the whole thing.

The trade for Kovy was all Lou.

Lou wanted to resign Kovy but was not willing to go to the extent it took to keep him. After JVB saw the fan reaction to Kovy he was willing to do anything to keep him. Hence the 2 ridiculous contracts.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Enroth+ maybe? He's a free agent though... don't think they are sold on Pavelec/Hutch getting them into/through the playoffs.

Who else could the Sabres send? Myers doesn't make a whole lot of sense since WPG seems to have 4 guys already clamoring for #1D man icetime.

Chris Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad