The next GM of the Vancouver Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
mcphee and feaster lol.

this could be the worst possible combination ever. i'd like to think trevor has more sense than this.

I think there are some broadcasters (whose last names all start with M) that could give McFeaster a run for their money in terms of futility.

Millbury, Maclean, Maguire - with Melrose as coach. :shakehead

bo2shink*

Please don't let it be mcphee! May the gods save us all if linden goes the direction sportsnet is suggesting.

Mcphee gm and feaster assistant.
Let the Mcpheaster era begin, bad trades and mismanagement for all!

I am a supporter of the idea that 2 wrongs makes a right.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Lots of possibilities:

Teuvo Teravainen
Nail Yakupov, as mentioned before
Derrick Pouliot
Ryan Strome, maybe.

Think TT and Poo are the only ones on teams Kesler is willing to waive for, though...

Neither TT or Pouliot are the right calibre right now to trade Kesler. TT has done little and has gone back to Europe until next training camp or longer. Pouliot is a better fit, but we need forwards at this point.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Neither TT or Pouliot are the right calibre right now to trade Kesler. TT has done little and has gone back to Europe until next training camp or longer. Pouliot is a better fit, but we need forwards at this point.

TT may still be a little raw, but he's a piece good enough to be the centerpiece in a Kesler trade (particularly if it includes a very useful secondary piece like Leddy).

Wetcoaster

With Mike Keenan as coach.:laugh:
Sounds good.

Keenan was the set the task of breaking down the Club Med atmosphere that had overtaken the Quinn era Canucks who had one of the top payrolls in the NHL but declining results. His trade of Linden laid the foundation for the Westcoast Express years and the drafting of the Sedins.

Keenan has a Stanley Cup on his resume and just won the Gagarin Cup - emblematic of KHL hockey supremacy.

Mike Keenan now has a KHL championship to go with his Stanley Cup title.

Keenan’s Metallurg Magnitogorsk team in Russia outscored Lev Prague 7-4 on Wednesday to capture the Kontinental Hockey League’s Gagarin Cup.

Keenan has become the first coach to win championships in the NHL and the KHL, while Lev was trying to become the first non-Russian team to capture the KHL crown.

The last foreign-born coach to reach the KHL final was Finland’s Kari Heikkila with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl during the league’s inaugural 2008-09 season.

Metallurg, which had two of the KHL’s top five scorers in forwards Sergei Mozyakin and Danis Zaripov, rolled to a franchise-best 35-19 record, tops in the 14-team East.​
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke..._keenans_russian_team_captures_khl_title.html

Wetcoaster

This concerns me.

I really hope he doesn't do things just to appease the mob.

Quite often fans are too emotional and knee-jerk in their reactions/thoughts. I hope he has a good balance between what the fans want and what is best for everyone overall.

I still think there are some strings attached to Trev as much as him he may think otherwise.
Just like the current Canucks fan boy ownership.

Wetcoaster

omg, please bring back the flying skate
The downhill skate on a plate of spaghetti - seems to fit.

CANUCKS_LOGO1.jpg

Wetcoaster

David Ebner ‏@DavidEbner

Canucks want GM in place by late May, early June. Interviews to begin, probably, next week, says Trevor Linden on Fan 590.

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Wow. Ferraro on 1040 speculating that maybe Trev was after Neely rather than Benning.

Not sure how I feel about that.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Wow. Ferraro on 1040 speculating that maybe Trev was after Neely rather than Benning.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Ferrero was answering a question from BMac who was speculating.
Ferrero almost flat out said he was going to be careful with his words so people wouldn't run with it like you just posted.

Ferrero's ACTUALLY said it was highly unlikely because his family is rooted in Boston and IS Bruins hockey.
The only speculation out of his mouth was that if Neely really wanted to be a GM he would likely have to do it elsewhere other than Boston since their GM isn't going anywhere anytime soon..

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It'd be about damn time they bring back the Skate in some capacity. Not sure what the organization's whole aversion to it has been about.

Sounds like next week is when the interview process properly begins; will be interesting to see what names come up.

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Ferrero was answering a question from BMac who was speculating.
Ferrero almost flat out said he was going to be careful with his words so people wouldn't run with it like you just posted.

Ferrero's ACTUALLY said it was highly unlikely because his family is rooted in Boston and IS Bruins hockey.
The only speculation out of his mouth was that if Neely really wanted to be a GM he would likely have to do it elsewhere other than Boston since their GM isn't going anywhere anytime soon..
Close enough :sarcasm:

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Hextall is now available for Linden to interview. Flyers (my second team) are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
It'd be about damn time they bring back the Skate in some capacity. Not sure what the organization's whole aversion to it has been about.

Sounds like next week is when the interview process properly begins; will be interesting to see what names come up.

Probably colour scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad