The next GM of the Vancouver Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

A couple candidates I would like, but don't expect would work for meddling owners:

Julian Brisebois, Assistant GM, Tampa Bay (read link for accomplishments and work history) http://lightning.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=50495

Pierre Dorion, Assistant GM and Dir. of Player Personnel, Ottawa Senators - not sure they let him go having already lost Tim Murray

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'd like to see McNab, Hextall, Will, Fenton and Briebois all get interviews and consideration.

Inside McKenzie

Mar 15, 2007
Most likely to be new GM:

Yes_Man_poster.jpg

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
If we go the inexperienced route...Scotty Niedermayer please. hire his brother as a scout if need be to entice him.

Not sure about experienced gms...not much to get excited about from the names that have been mentioned. An assistant with one of the better run organizations probably makes the most sense.

Burr08

Mar 5, 2014
Someone brought up Brad Treliving from pheonix; thought he would be a decent candidate as pheonix has done a good job to ice a semi competitive team in the midst of that ownership situation + hes a local guy too

Kmode

Nov 3, 2006
Jason Botterill - Asst. GM in Pittsburgh.

Seems to be the next wave of young GMs. Understands the cap, learned from one of the best in Shero over the last couple years. I've heard Pittsburgh relies heavily on him for many decisions, including some tough draft decisions.

Sounds like the right kind of guy to take over a rebuild (ish) kind of situation.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Whoever it is, they have to personally utilize whatever they bring in.
Gillis had sleep doctors and nutritionists, and yet looked like a guy who's stayed awake for three days eating Cheetos and chugging Red Bull.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Jason Botterill - Asst. GM in Pittsburgh.

Seems to be the next wave of young GMs. Understands the cap, learned from one of the best in Shero over the last couple years. I've heard Pittsburgh relies heavily on him for many decisions, including some tough draft decisions.

Sounds like the right kind of guy to take over a rebuild (ish) kind of situation.

Shero is one of the best? :laugh:

JA

Maybe Francesco will surprise all of us and announce himself as the Canucks' new GM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad