Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
The real question is who gets the 3rd "A"

C - Greene
A - Elias

I believe those are nearly locks.

But the 3rd "A" im not sure about between Zajac, Rico, Cammy. It will be one of them maybe 2 and they do the home/away switch again. I know at some point during the year all 3 of them will wear a letter just because they are likely the fill ins for any injuries.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bleedred for capt.
Now that's a move I can get behind!:yo:
When is the last time Elias played a game and didn't wear an A?

Probably back in 2002 or 2003.

I'm pretty sure he got an A back after Holik's departure.

But he might have played a couple games in 05-06 for a brief period of time without a letter, after he came back from hepatitis.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I would imagine Henrique would get a letter, which basically leaves Zajac with the other A and Greene with the C.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I think Greene is a no-brainer
Rico and I think in a surprise move Larsson

Goes towards shero move forward, let's Lars know he is cornerstone

Patty gets to enjoy his twilight yr and let kids take the reigns
Zajac just concentrates on his game

And this way it sets us up for the two As to be heir apparent and maybe Severson/Santini addition down the line

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I said a while ago that I could see Patty not having an A, and people acted like there was little chance that would happen.

At this point, I think there's a MUCH greater chance that he won't have an A, if the new regime really wants to go young.

So I think Greene gets the C, with Henrique and Zajac getting the A's.

I think they could throw a curveball and give an experienced young guy like Henrique the C if they really wanna get crazy, but I think the chances of that happening are probably under 15%.

I would expect two younger guys to have letters, while one older guy gets one. The two younger guys with letters being experienced young guys, not talking rookies or any of the young defensemen.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
They rotated the A around last year, probably happens again. Not sure what a young lineup has to do with the leadership of the team, they won't be slapping the C on Zacha or anything... O_O

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
C - Greene
A - Henrique
A - Cammalleri

I actually could see an A on Cammalleri before Elias at this point.

I still have a feeling that there'll be 2 younger guys with letters and one older vet with a letter.

I'm still feeling Greene with the C and Henrique and Zajac with A's. I know Zajac isn't exactly a young guy, though he's not quite as old as Greene. They still both have been in the league since the same year though.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I just don't see them stripping Elias of captaincy(alternate). Just seems pointless considering it would cause unnesscary drama. Henrique can just rotate with zajac.

It's just a letter after all though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad