Speculation: The Next Captain?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
C-Greene
A-Patty
A-Cammy

Don't give anything to Zajac he'll just fumble it and shoot wide. Seriously Mr. Awe Shucks doesn't need anther 2oz. of cloth weighing him down.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't really think it's a good idea for Zajac to get a letter because he really should be solely focused on having a bounce-back season but I could see this organization giving him one anyway.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Who other than Greene is even in consideration? Zajac and Elias, I guess, and I think I'd expect it on Zajac more than Elias at this point. If Zacha works out, I could see him being captain material way down the line.

GhostofKenKlee

Rob Scuderi when he's acquired- Captain

A-Elias
A-Greene

or 3a's home and road rotation.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Rico wouldn't be the worst choice in the world. I could see it really encouraging him to play on a higher level than he already has been (even though it was one of our best last season). I could also see him bringing a fresh, younger energy to the locker room. If not Rico it will 100% be Greene be default.

Last edited:

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Who other than Greene is even in consideration? Zajac and Elias, I guess, and I think I'd expect it on Zajac more than Elias at this point. If Zacha works out, I could see him being captain material way down the line.

It's Greene. And if you don't like that choice it's Greene.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't think the chances of all of those guys having an letter is very high.

I think at least one youngish guy will have a letter.

I just hope it's Henrique and not Zajac. Zajac needs to focus on having a bounce-back-year, and Henrique might benefit from added responsibility.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Greene. Maybe Henrique or Cammalleri. But in the end it's going to be Greene and it will be well deserved.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I don't really think it's a good idea for Zajac to get a letter because he really should be solely focused on having a bounce-back season but I could see this organization giving him one anyway.

Yeah I want Zajac to just focus on his game. We have enough leadership on this team between Elias, Greene, Cammalleri, Henrique and Zubrus. Play Travis on the first line with Cammalleri and Palmieri and he could have a 17-18 goal year with around 50 points. I still believe in Zajac as a player.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
C Zubrus - heart and soul guy

A Gionta - again, such a busy worker

A Elias - ledgend

HM: Salvador if we re-sign him

Damn, forgot about Green and Henrique...it's a toss-up!

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I like Cammy but i dont see them taking an A away from Zajac.

C- Greene
A- Elias
A- Zajac

Remember being a leader isnt always about numbers. Its also about what they bring to the locker room. Zajac could very well be looked at like a leader and vocal for all we know.

HunteDxEntitY

Jan 5, 2014
Section 118
I'd like to see Henrique at least get a letter. I'm also not sure if its best for Zajac to have one or not. Maybe just focusing on having a better year will help him.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
I like Cammy but i dont see them taking an A away from Zajac.

C- Greene
A- Elias
A- Zajac

Remember being a leader isnt always about numbers. Its also about what they bring to the locker room. Zajac could very well be looked at like a leader and vocal for all we know.

The problem is in all sports if you are the guy producing and putting up points, or the best player on the team, a lot of times you just don't give a **** what the Captain says if their play is beneath you or even way beneath other guys on the team. That's why I'm usually of the opinion that the best player should be captain even if they are not a vocal leader. Lead by example in your play.

I agree with the assessment on Greene because he is imo the best most well rounded player on the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad