Speculation: The Next Captain?

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Sal's a free agent (thank Christ) and probably won't play another game in red and black (if he even plays at all).

Who's the next man up for the "C"? Gomer's a free agent, too. Patty has said in the past that he doesn't want it again.

Zajac? Henrique? Greene?

Wildcard... Cammy? He's a veteran under contract for another four years and he's our best goal scorer.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Sal's a free agent (thank Christ) and probably won't play another game in red and black (if he even plays at all).

Who's the next man up for the "C"? Gomer's a free agent, too. Patty has said in the past that he doesn't want it again.

Zajac? Henrique? Greene?

Wildcard... Cammy? He's a veteran under contract for another four years and he's our best goal scorer.

Those three are the most likely candidates. Larsson will probably be captain eventually IMO.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Greene seems like the most obvious candidate. Henrique I don't think is quite ready to be captain yet. And Zajac has enough pressure on him as it is, giving him the "C" would probably kill him.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Greene is the only viable candidate.

I shudder if Zajac is named captain we have to carry him like Salvador if he continues his Mike Richards lite downward spiral.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Greene and although I understand giving Salvador the C last time around, Greene was still the guy that should have had it then

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
In a surprise turn of events, Larsson. The team announces he signed for an 8 year extension and during the press conference they give him his jersey and lo and behold the 'C' is stitched on it!

That would be something :laugh: But definitely Greene, arguably our best skater, a veteran but not too old, and signed an extension recently. It just makes too much sense.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think it will be (and should be) Greene. Henrique isn't experienced enough for the role, Zajac really doesn't need more pressure beyond trying to have a bounce back year, and Cammy in my opinion hasn't been with the team long enough. Greene's by far the best choice as far as I see it.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If I had to make a prediction, I'd say Greene followed by either Severson, Santini or some beast-like forward we draft in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad