OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
scary stuff, hopefully it wasn’t spread.

Found out her uncle visited my in laws right after seeing her aunt. They're both immuno compromised and are now very worried. f***.

We're hoping that since it was a rapid result test, that it's a false positive.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Found out her uncle visited my in laws right after seeing her aunt. They're both immuno compromised and are now very worried. f***.

Fingers crossed for you guys.

Reactions: LSCII

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The northeast has by far the worst number of any region and are a model on how not to handle the virus (see nursing homes death stats). . All a nationwide stay at home would do is flatten a curve in places that already had it and do nothing for places that didn't. Think about it, that's why Nevada and Arizona California and Florida are so bad lately and are now leveling off. They never had a first wave and only delayed the inevitable. Being locked down with no cases makes it untenable to then lockdown when you have cases. And yeah the virus has an unavoidable natural progression through the population. Pretending you would have any control over that is delusional.

Flu kills 1 in 1000. Covid 3 in 1000. Perspective is important.

It's been well documented that the numbers are skewed...I mean just in Florida they had over 5k deaths from pneumonia a few months back. The records show for that period of time the deaths for pneumonia are an average of 19 per month. There's multiple examples of that in every state.

It's also well documented that multiple scientists saying the real numbers for Covid worldwide are at least 10 times more that what is being reported.

That's the perspective for your flawed numbers.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
could be an outlier since the number was due to a technical/reporting error.

if we continue to stay at/under 200 per day it’s staying steady.
The same happened in Toronto from an average of a little over 100 new cases per day, it jumped by 50 % then jumped again to over 200. All this in about a week, we're back to less than 100.

Reactions: lopey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
My wife's aunt just tested positive for Covid-19. It's a very scary thing because she's seen half the family in the last couple of days, including an uncle that has had transplant surgery and is at extremely high risk. The next 14 days are going to be pretty tense around the homestead. Man, I just hope it starts and ends with just the aunt and she didn't expose a slew of others.
Let's just hope it ends like you said, keep the good attitude.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Keeping a good thought for your in laws, Lonnie.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Who would have thought that the U.S. would have over 150,000 death from a virus that the U.S. should have contained? We need a national lockdown for 14day to get ahead of this COVID-19. 174

Reactions: Ladyfan

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Imagine irregularities in COVID reporting, in the United States, WHAT?

167 deaths in California in one day from COVID, sets record.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This one takes the cake. How in the world did Texas grant Dr. Stella Immanuel a medical licence? You'd think being a Hydroxy proponent would already be a huge red flag ...

I want to know more about the "reptilians" in government. :laugh:

This reads like something out of the Onion and National Enquirer.

That damn demon semen...

In all seriousness, I agree that she must be stopped.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
It's been well documented that the numbers are skewed...I mean just in Florida they had over 5k deaths from pneumonia a few months back. The records show for that period of time the deaths for pneumonia are an average of 19 per month. There's multiple examples of that in every state.

It's also well documented that multiple scientists saying the real numbers for Covid worldwide are at least 10 times more that what is being reported.

That's the perspective for your flawed numbers.

Wrong. The CDC coding has pneumonia listed at the time of death not caused by pneumonia. This myth got busted months ago and I'm not sure why people still post it. It basically an apples to oranges reporting technicality. Case numbers are 10x-15x higher than reported. This is true. And also a good thing. Lastly the overall death count has some under reporting in some areas for sure but has also proven to have over reporting in some areas. If you look at over all deaths from any cause vs historical expectations the official numbers pretty much check out.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
That link says plenty. Someone should take action to get her licence suspended or even better, revoked. She is endangering the lives of others, she has to be stopped.

What needs to be stopped is people in high authority with millions of followers promoting her by tweeting and retweeting.

"I was very impressed with her and other doctors that stood with her. I think she made sense, but I know nothing about her," Trump said. "Certainly you can put her up and let her have a voice."

Last edited:
Reactions: TD Charlie

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Fourteen days means not 13 or 9 but instead 14 days. If one chooses not to abide by 14 days, does that mean they didn't understand, or are they stupid? Go ahead Pasta answer the question. 173

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My wife's aunt just tested positive for Covid-19. It's a very scary thing because she's seen half the family in the last couple of days, including an uncle that has had transplant surgery and is at extremely high risk. The next 14 days are going to be pretty tense around the homestead. Man, I just hope it starts and ends with just the aunt and she didn't expose a slew of others.
Ugg. Good luck.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
that sucks. first time they told us somebody at work had it, i was nervous. because they only notify the close contacts. and youre not sure if youre exposed. Then you arent sure if you should see your parents or older people in case you show no symptoms.

Thats why the need a quick test to give everyone right away like the pro sports have.
hopefully all goes well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->