Post-Game Talk (GBU): The new guys, the return of Lu

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Good:
Ugly:

FOLIGNO getting himself tossed on a dubious hit just coming off a 2 pointer night.

leino on the 1st line.

leino taking the 1st line faceoffs.

Sad:

leino.

Thinking about leino.

Drinking because of leino.

Made me chuckle...nice work

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
If Leino didn't cArry with him a sense of entitlement id actually have to feel bad for him.

Thankfully thAts not the case. **** him. Little *****

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Can we please just sit leino for the last whatever number of games are remaining...I"d hate for him to get a serious injury and then we can't buy him out....

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Didn't catch the game, but I am pleased to read my boy Neuvy had a nice debut for his new team. I hope this is just the beginning.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
If Leino didn't cArry with him a sense of entitlement id actually have to feel bad for him.

Thankfully thAts not the case. **** him. Little *****

It's funny, you never hear Leino say "I feel terrible", "I'm letting them down", or "I'm embarrassed by my play".

Just ****ing shrugs it off cause he's got his $$$$

Burakovsky95*

Take care of our boy :( Told you guys he just needed a shot

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'm starting to think Leino won't be bought out...kept to reach the cap floor...ugh.

I can't even begin to comprehend that possibility...there's just no way they blow $13.5 million on his nonexistent production for no other reason than the cap floor.

It's their one last chance to get rid of him free and clear, they'll get rid of him free and clear.

$52 million cap floor next year, $32.4 million spent after Leino is gone leaves us $19.6 million to spend on 10 roster spots. Ennis, Conacher and Foligno will run at least $10 million of that, leaving $9.6 million to spend on 7 guys...no worries whatsoever of reaching the floor.

Hell, we have the worst team in the league and we're $4 million above next year's floor.

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Missed most of the game, wonky internet. Looks like Neuvy was busy but held up well.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Sabres should market a new workout video. The Sabres Goalie workout. Guaranteed to burn fat in 60 minutes of non stop action!

Fotes18

Sep 7, 2010
Take care of our boy :( Told you guys he just needed a shot

Had the pleasure of watching your boy Burakovsky play tonight in Erie tonight, imprecise natural offensive gifts.

I'm excited at the possibility of him and McDavid playing together next year. More than likely the two could have matching 100 point seasons.

Burakovsky95*

Had the pleasure of watching your boy Burakovsky play tonight in Erie tonight, imprecise natural offensive gifts.

I'm excited at the possibility of him and McDavid playing together next year. More than likely the two could have matching 100 point seasons.

He's been ridiculous this year considering this is his first on North American soil. I'm really excited about his future. We have a real solid group of up coming forward prospects in DC with Burakovsky, Wilson, Kuznetsov and Barber. Which you guys will likely rival and surpass with the way you are absolutely stockpiling draft picks.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Good to see Neuvy played well. Always been a huge fan of him. He'll be great one day if he gets a good defense in front of him.

Treat him well. :)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Boring game. Team was sloppy for the most part. Neuvirth was good. Myers was good. Liked Des. And is it just me or is Hosgson finally starting to come around defensively? If he can keep that up, he might just top out as a Krecji-type center. Regulation loss is good for the tank. Refs were awful.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
Boring game. Team was sloppy for the most part. Neuvirth was good. Myers was good. Liked Des. And is it just me or is Hosgson finally starting to come around defensively? If he can keep that up, he might just top out as a Krecji-type center. Regulation loss is good for the tank. Refs were awful.

I know you said Krecji-type center but Hodgson will NEVER be in Krecji's class. Not even close.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
So is the consensus opinion that Neuvirth and Enroth will be the goalies next season?

Hard to tell from Murray's words after the trade whether or not he thinks Neuvirth is a better long-term option than the other goalies he has in the organization - but maybe next season is just a bridge to the future and he's content to stick with the current tandem and make any goalie-of-the-future acquisitions afterwards.

snapshot19

Feb 27, 2012
I know you said Krecji-type center but Hodgson will NEVER be in Krecji's class. Not even close.

Maybe not defensively but I could see Hodgson in Krecji's class offensively. Krecji's highest point total in one season was 73 points and his highest goal total in one season is 23. So Hodgson will NEVER be in Krecji's class is definitely a stretch. Defensively probably not, offensively I would say he will be as good maybe better offensively than Krecji.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Why not? Krecji isn't an elite player. He's not elite in any aspect of the game, other than maybe playoff production. He typically produces between 60 and 70 points and plays an above average defensive game. Hodgson might not get that good defensively, but I don't think it's a huge stretch to think he could be an average defensive player who puts up 60-70pts.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
Maybe not defensively but I could see Hodgson in Krecji's class offensively. Krecji's highest point total in one season was 73 points and his highest goal total in one season is 23. So Hodgson will NEVER be in Krecji's class is definitely a stretch. Defensively probably not, offensively I would say he will be as good maybe better offensively than Krecji.

Hodgson isn't close to Krejci offensively or defensively. If you think Hodgson can be better than Krecji offensively you just don't watch the Bruins enough. Krejci is the #1 center on arguably the best team in the league. Hodgson is barely a #2 center on the worst team in the league.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
Why not? Krecji isn't an elite player. He's not elite in any aspect of the game, other than maybe playoff production. He typically produces between 60 and 70 points and plays an above average defensive game. Hodgson might not get that good defensively, but I don't think it's a huge stretch to think he could be an average defensive player who puts up 60-70pts.

Krecji isn't elite? give me a break. Again, he is the #1 center on the team that has won a Stanley Cup and lost in the finals 2 of the last 3 years. You guys are way too high on Hodgson. He shows flashes offensively but outside of that not even close to Krecji.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad