#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
UDKVY3x.png

This will always be HF to me

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I'm old enough to remember the previous two or three format changes here - and even the big one where some doofus pressed the delete button and years worth of content got wiped out.

And yes, I just had a strange realization that I've been posting here for more than half my life. When did we get so old?

What the f*** are you talking about ?

Damned…

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Weird question, but is there a way to disable "Live" thread functionality in my preferences?

I'm usually on a hour or so delay when I'm watching games, so I'm usually a few pages behind the latest posts in the game day thread. After the boards update though, in Live threads the page is constantly hot loading and adding brand new posts at the bottom, even though I'm pages behind. It definitely didn't do that before, and that's going to spoil games for me if it keeps doing that.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i hate seeing that i only joined in 2011.. i def just prowled for a a buncha years.. and was on stupid espn forums with like one other guy....

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Weird question, but is there a way to disable "Live" thread functionality in my preferences?

I'm usually on a hour or so delay when I'm watching games, so I'm usually a few pages behind the latest posts in the game day thread. After the boards update though, in Live threads the page is constantly hot loading and adding brand new posts at the bottom, even though I'm pages behind. It definitely didn't do that before, and that's going to spoil games for me if it keeps doing that.
I'm pretty sure this happened on the last version as well.

It's annoying, but there's no easy fix from what I've gathered. Refreshing the page will bump the posts back to their intended page though.

Reactions: harv33173

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I'm pretty sure this happened on the last version as well.

It's annoying, but there's no easy fix from what I've gathered. Refreshing the page will bump the posts back to their intended page though.

Hrmm, thanks for replying. The Live thread functionality never seemed to work on the old boards for me (regardless of which page I was on), so maybe it did always behave this way for those who it did function for. That's disappointing. Good to know though.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Hrmm, thanks for replying. The Live thread functionality never seemed to work on the old boards for me (regardless of which page I was on), so maybe it did always behave this way for those who it did function for. That's disappointing. Good to know though.

Yeah… Same here…

Understand now what all the fuss was about with the « make this GDT live please » comments…

Not sure I like it.

Rest of the package is cool so far.

Reactions: Vilam

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Nah there used to be a drop down box in the bottom right that had all the boards in it. Made switching boards really quick.
They still had it in the old boards. I believe it was three lines in a box in the top right-hand corner.
The new format has it on the bar on the top right, the lightning bolt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad