Rumor: The never-ending Myers rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Personal anecdote is worth as much as you trust an anonymous poster, but I have good reason to believe Murray is more than willing to move on from Myers relative to the temperature of the HF community. He doesn't strike me as the type to take a loss, though.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I don't see a trade happening now. Everyone knows that the market for top pairing dmen goes up as the season progresses. Unless Myers pukes all over himself, there will be more suitors come late winter. Though he's not a rental, there will certainly be teams willing to add a young guy under contract to their corps.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
The sharpest difference between Chicago and Edmonton's rebuilds is that Chicago built a young stable of great defensemen first. I don't see any reason to part with that strategy unless you win the trade so badly it's laughable. Put another way: in our position, we should value Myers more highly than almost any other team in the league would.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
The sharpest difference between Chicago and Edmonton's rebuilds is that Chicago built a young stable of great defensemen first. I don't see any reason to part with that strategy unless you win the trade so badly it's laughable. Put another way: in our position, we should value Myers more highly than almost any other team in the league would.

This is where I'm at. If Myers is traded, it has to be a massive overpayment, so I see Myers staying right where he is.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
At this stage of the rebuild there's no NEED to trade Myers simply for the sake of trading him unless there are some behind the scenes stuff we are not privy to but that's highly unlikely. WOULD Murray trade Myers if he felt the offer was beneficial to Buffalo, absolutely. As much as Myers name has come up as potentially being traded only the Red Wings have been mentioned as definitively having interest. It would seem logical that Buffalo has an idea what they expect in return for Myers and Detroit has an idea of what they are willing to give up for Myers however they have not agreed on what both teams consider fair compensation. If Buffalo decides to take less or Detroit decides to offer more then a deal may be completed. For now it appears to be a stalemate with Myers being in the unfortunate situation of constantly having his name mentioned across all forms of media with no end in sight.

Dutchess

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
This just isn't happening. No one is going to offer what it will take to pry Myers out of Buffalo and he's played well enough that Murray can justify keeping him around at his price tag.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Was speaking with a few people from the NY Board, they propose Staal, Fasth and/or Miller. I personally think that's a crappy deal for Myers.

I'm going to ask why no one understands Myers has made enormous strides...

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think this is going to end up being similar to Evander Kane in Winnipeg where the rumors fly and intensify when the team is doing bad, regardless of whether or not there is legitimacy or not.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
Well, it won't be Detroit because it would take Mantha. It may be Anaheim, they have the pieces and Myers may be the last piece for a serious cup run. I believe they lost a dman to injury last night also. Gibson and Ritchie does it for me. We would have to eat salary and/or take a cap dump.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Sportswriter: "Our team needs a RH'd d-man!"

::scans standings::

Buffalo is awful, I bet Myers could be had!

::checks twitter::

Oh Look, Myers rumors!

::writes article saying team might be interested in Myers::

Article gets reposted by 15 rumor websites, reinforcing Myers rumors.

Rinse and repeat.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Sorry, I meant Campbell. I was thinking Dallas, after the Eklund post.

Got it -- Campbell and Brett Ritchie respectively. I used to always mix Gibson and Campbell up in my head during Gibson's first couple juniors years too.

Last edited:

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje

Oh Look, Myers rumors!

Rinse and repeat.

Yep, pretty much this.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Oh Look, Myers rumors!

Rinse and repeat.

Noway dude...this time it's seeriawss!!

...or maybe next time it is.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I i have little interest in trading Myers, at least for more prospects / picks. At some point, the demolition portion of the rebuild has to end.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
Myers may not thrive playing for Ruff again. And Dallas wouldn't part with Nichuskin under most circumstances.

Dallas being in on Myers would surprise me. While it fills a need for Dallas, Lindy didn't seem to always be a big fan of Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad