The Network War (formerly Hockey Media etc. )

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Going too far? You really want to go that way when the anglo-canadian medias are full of racist crap toward French canadians?
Apart from Don Cherry, I don't think your argument carries water.
Exactly, but I'd prefer to see this board talking about real problems, not a French unprofessional television network doing a little bit of drama.
Well, RDS is kind of like the Fox news of the hockey world. Nothing but spin. And it's an overwhelming presence. It's not just one guy doing it...

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
Stock, McLean, all CBC basically are worst than RDS. And this is about hockey, we don't wanna go in other subjects like politic it'd get ugly pretty fast.

'' Well, RDS is kind of like the Fox news of the hockey world. Nothing but spin. And it's an overwhelming presence. It's not just one guy doing it...''

Guys like Therrien, Bergeron, Gagnon, etc. don't know **** about hockey anyway. It has nothing to do with a nationalistic propaganda lol go see the definition of nation and propaganda please. They usually like French players because, for national and historical questions, they work hard like them (Therrien, Carbo, et. who were grindrs). Bouillon and Desharnais for example are maybe bad but no one can say they have the work ethic of Vanek.

When Brisebois goes in Paris, Latendresse is 20lbs overweight, Ribeiro keeps partying or Théodore sucks believe me they go hard on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Stock, McLean, all CBC basically are worst than RDS. And this is about hockey, we don't wanna go in other subjects like politic it'd get ugly pretty fast.
Stock is just a full on troll. I haven't heard anti-French out of him. He's gone after Subban more than anyone. He's just a full on idiot.

Maclean? I don't think so at all. One misplaced comment (that he apologized for) doesn't make him anti-french.
Guys like Therrien, Bergeron, Gagnon, etc. don't know **** about hockey anyway. It has nothing to do with a nationalistic propaganda lol go see the definition of nation and propaganda please.
Why would I look up this definition? I never said anything about "Nationalist Propaganda" and don't know where this is coming from or why you would raise it with me, so...
They usually like French players because, for national and historical questions, they work hard like them (Therrien, Carbo, et. who were grindrs). Bouillon and Desharnais for example are maybe bad but no one can say they have the work ethic of Vanek.
A couple of things here...

1. It's fine for them to "like" French players. I like French players man. It's a local station catering to a local audience. Nobody should have a problem with this and I don't think anyone does. I know I don't.

2. French players don't work any harder than anyone else. You are making a sweeping generalization there. Latendresse anyone? Some players work hard, some don't. Language is irrelevant.

3. The real problem is when they promote players who aren't worthy of being promoted. When they hype up players who aren't playing well. When they degrade one player to promote a lesser one based on the language they speak. I personally think it happens a lot on RDS and that's what I have a problem with. Its just blatant favouritism at the expense of the quality of our team.
When Brisebois goes in Paris, Latendresse is 20lbs overweight, Ribeiro keep partying or Théodore sucks believe me they go hard on them.
Okay. But they're still guilty of going overboard most of the time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Language is irrelevant.

Except in Quebec. ;)

RDS will be even less relevant next year. TVA has hired a lot of ex-RDS personalities -- cause that's what they are in the end, just wannabe entertainers avec une langue de bois. We're giving RDS more importance than they actually have.

And ... we have a game to win tonight. Why don't we do it in unison. We'll go back to in-fighting later. :sarcasm:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Bad medias are playing an opinion game with worthless arguments/facts. Still, it work for them.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
RDS is not that bad... A lot of empty lines.

I'm french, rarely listen to english media. Each time I do, it's a under world... like no-english bias...

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Here's a tangent: In Japanese international sports coverage the winners are pretty well ignored and the Japanese athlete who finishes 12th is the center of media attention. When Hideo Nomo started with the Dodgers (yes I'm that old) J-media would basically condense a MLB game into just him.

Anyway RDS play-by-play is my favourite, the intermission commentary and Antichambre I generally avoid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyway RDS play-by-play is my favourite, the intermission commentary and Antichambre I generally avoid.

I cringe at the idea of how play-by-play is going to be like on TVA next year. Pierre Houde is one class act and he's raised the bar as far as I'm concerned. Good thing RDS still has a spate of games in the schedule, so we can continue to enjoy Houde.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I watch l'Antichambre on their website but I only pay attention to Damphousse and sometimes Carbo. Most of the other guys are air time clowns on both stations. I'd like if CBC hired more ex-NHL players instead of their guys too, like Adam Oates and Gretzy and stuff, not PJ Stock and Kevin Weekes. RDS beats CBC and TSN on that court.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If you guys want to suggest a better title, I'm all ears. I changed it while on the bus on my phone, no doubt it could be better.

PM me with it.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If you guys want to suggest a better title, I'm all ears. I changed it while on the bus on my phone, no doubt it could be better.

PM me with it.

Is 'bus' codeword for Porsche?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just want to say this....It's just bad that people start hating on the players mostly because they are hating the "journalists"......As much as I dislike some of them, it's not because one that I dislike loves Martin St.Louis that I'll start hating him....

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006
"Quel beau jeux défensifs de Francis Bouillon!" after he blocked 2 shots.. shots that were possible cause he got burned like a pee-wee by Nash (I think?)..

I was hoping for Marc Denis to see through that, but he's got the company line too and was praising Bouillon after that.

Fine, the blocks were nice, but NYR got 2 good scoring chances cause he was terrible before redeeming himself

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I want results... give vanek the same llayers and opportunities and I bet he has 20 pts.. Desharnais seems to work hard because he never has the puck... below 50% in the face off dot... 4 big 5 on 5 pts in 16 games... how is that excelent ??? Im not dissing only DD.. why does no one complain about Gionta s 1 goal.. 0 in 15 games.. Eller has steped up his game in the p.o. Bourque has done the same.. yet they seem to be an easy target after a loss just like Vanek.. this situation reminds me so much of the kovalev situation in 2004... guys doesnt work hard.. guy is a floater.. but yet the guy was the best player on the team and gave us magical moments in the P.O.

Vanek gave us zero magical moments in the playoffs. Please don't compare Kovalev to him. Kovy was a beast come playoff time. Therrien gave Vanek plenty of time to prove himself. In anything THERRIEN WAS TOO GOOD TO HIM. He would have been a healthy scratch several times if it were me. He was an embarssement to the jersey.

As for results and DD not delivering, you can blame several guys.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Except in Quebec. ;)
You're taking one line in that post out of context.
RDS will be even less relevant next year. TVA has hired a lot of ex-RDS personalities -- cause that's what they are in the end, just wannabe entertainers avec une langue de bois. We're giving RDS more importance than they actually have.

And ... we have a game to win tonight. Why don't we do it in unison. We'll go back to in-fighting later. :sarcasm:
It doesn't matter, same guys will be on the air. So it'll be TVA instead of RDS...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad