The Network War (formerly Hockey Media etc. )

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
OT but my good friend now plays for the Ottawa RedBlacks.

TVA Sport sent a guy to interview the new 1frst round pick from MTL and a couple other Quebecois (my friend).

They asked him what it was like to play for another team than MTL. He answered politely that MTL was the only team that didn't not approached him on draft day.

After that they asked what it would be like to play in play in front of his home crowd. He replied that he was from Gatineau.... The journalist specified ok but you know what i mean in front of a french/quebecois crowd. Friend replied you know Ottawa has the most out of qc french population..

End of interview, it was not shown on tv lol

Anyway RDS is bad but not the worst :sarcasm:

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Oh boy, captain original here with another " I HATE DAVID DEHARNAIS" thread. You'd think we'd have a sub-board just for these threads at this point.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
OT but my good friend now plays for the Ottawa RedBlacks.

TVA Sport sent a guy to interview the new 1frst round pick from MTL and a couple other Quebecois (my friend).

They asked him what it was like to play for another team than MTL. He answered politely that MTL was the only team that didn't not approached him on draft day.

After that they asked what it would be like to play in play in front of his home crowd. He replied that he was from Gatineau.... The journalist specified ok but you know what i mean in front of a french/quebecois crowd. Friend replied you know Ottawa has the most out of qc french population..

End of interview, it was not shown on tv lol

Anyway RDS is bad but not the worst :sarcasm:

We're in for a treat next year. :handclap:

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
You watch rds and you got pseudo experts praising non stop Desharnais Bouillon and Therrien and then you come to hf boards and you got pseudo experts bashing them non stop so i guess the reality is somewhere in the middle!!

How dare you call HF posters 'experts'. Those idiots demanding Therrien to be fired or DD swapped out for a soiled jock strap.

They're nothing more than haters. At least they could come up with evidence, some strong argumentary, but nope. I prefer RDS' 'experts' as I don't really feel like vomiting when listening to some warranted homerism (after all, DD is playing like he's played all year, somehow good while not exactly 1st line center material, and Therrien is leading his team to ECF and possibly SCF). Also guess what ? RDS is the only French based channel covering the Habs (this year), it's just normal that they would highlight local boys playing for / against the Habs, more than English broadcasters. Also, didn't you know that Quebecois are really proud of their NHL players and that we all like to hear them in interviews and hear of them whenever / wherever we can. If you don't like the French broadcaster, wich dosen't catter to English people, I suggest you just move on to CBC, and you won't be missed. I'm glad we have RDS / TVA Sports so I don't have to endure pro-Leafs / Bruins bias via CBC coverage.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Look at the Canadiens official site... Price (makes sense) and Briere (What?)

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
true, doesn't suck at all.
Hope DD and Bouillon have a good game tomorrow, although hate them and all the propaganda I still want them to play well.

What propaghanda ?

All I see is RDS being fair when they say they stepped up their game and are helping the Habs win, and here on HF I read posters saying 'GAWWWD I HATE DD' as the subject of their posts. The reality stands that DD and Bouillon ARE helping the Habs win. Bouillon scored an OT goal and another important one and DD is carrying his line along with Gallagher and the 'perimeter power forward' Pacioretty.

Also, funny how on NHL network they also praised Bouillon and DD yesterday, saying how these guys fly under the radar, how surprising they've been playing, etc. I guess these Toronto based shows are also suffering some pro-French bias right ? Or maybe, just maybe, Bouillon and DD deserve some credit ?

French broadcaster being proud of French players ? Who'd thunk dat?

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Oh boy, captain original here with another " I HATE DAVID DEHARNAIS" thread. You'd think we'd have a sub-board just for these threads at this point.

So sick and tired of this topic, we're in the ECF and still have to see these threads pop up, pushing that disgusting agenda.

I hope Therriend gets an extension and DD as well. Bouillon I could care less but he's been helping his team, and that's all I ask him to do.

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Look at the Canadiens official site... Price (makes sense) and Briere (What?)

Yeah 'cause praising 4rth liners putting up 7 points in 15 gms, playing VERY limited minutes, scoring important points, is something we should all be ashamed of.

Brière scored an OT winner and fed Weise another OT winner. What's not to like ?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What propaghanda ?

All I see is RDS being fair when they say they stepped up their game and are helping the Habs win, and here on HF I read posters saying 'GAWWWD I HATE DD' as the subject of their posts. The reality stands that DD and Bouillon ARE helping the Habs win. Bouillon scored an OT goal and another important one and DD is carrying his line along with Gallagher and the 'perimeter power forward' Pacioretty.

Also, funny how on NHL network they also praised Bouillon and DD yesterday, saying how these guys fly under the radar, how surprising they've been playing, etc. I guess these Toronto based shows are also suffering some pro-French bias right ? Or maybe, just maybe, Bouillon and DD deserve some credit ?

Exactly what i hate from RDS.

Critics towards Pacioretty and Vanek
And praises for DD and Bouillon.

Praise DD and Bouillon all you want....but, like RDS, just shut up about Pacioretty then, RDS spent the whole year criticizing Subban's play...don't seems fair to me. That's why RDS pissed a lot of poeple off.

DD and Bouillon diserve some credits....they got it from RDS.
Now Eller diserved some credits too, don't you think?....but get NONE from RDS

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I stopped watching RDS' analyst segments or AC show this year. I feel so much more sane. :laugh:
It's the only way to do it. There is absolutely NO point to watch all the extra garbage/propaganda from RDS and the same goes for CBC's ultra annoying/anti-Habs garbage propaganda too. I simply switch it to the NBA playoffs at intermission (or to anything else) and completely switch it off at the end of the game. You learn absolutely nothing by listening to those bozos and the entertainment factor of shows like AC or Coach's corner is absolutely zilch for me.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
What propaghanda ?

Common now... Those bozos at RDS were all over the Subban mudslinging when he was negotiating his contract 2 years ago. If you don't see any propaganda it must really fly right past you... Those guys most definitely have an agenda.

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Exactly what i hate from RDS.

Critics towards Pacioretty and Vanek
And praises for DD and Bouillon.

Praise DD and Bouillon all you want....but, like RDS, just shut up about Pacioretty then, RDS spent the whole year criticizing Subban's play...don't seems fair to me. That's why RDS pissed a lot of poeple off.

DD and Bouillon diserve some credits....they got it from RDS.
Now Eller diserved some credits too, don't you think?....but get NONE from RDS

Who the F cares about what RDS's analysts say at l'Antichambre ? Eller got some warranted PP time along with Bork and it paid off. But I guess you can't praise Therrien for doing that, because it dosen't fit with your agenda. Just watch NHL Network and many other sports channels and even them are praising our smaller French Canadian players like they deserve to be. No mention of Eller yet on all these shows but you, I and 90% of Habs fans are really liking what they're seeing from the handsome Danish boy.

Why can't we all get along and encourage our Habs and then start whining and chirping when the team actually plays on the golf courts ?

Last edited:

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Common now... Those bozos at RDS were all over the Subban mudslinging when he was negotiating his contract 2 years ago. If you don't see any propaganda it must really fly right past you... Those guys most definitely have an agenda.

I have a cure for this disease : I don't give a F what some TV broadcaster says, and I form my opinion watching games. And this isn't propaganda, this is bias, big difference. If RDS wasn't biased towards Frenchies, who else would ? Didn't you know that RDS couldn't care less about their English audience ? Didn't you know that CBC is the official English broadcaster of Habs games ?

Disclaimer ; I have both cultures in my blood, I'm a Montrealer the way Trudeau painted Canada, sharing everything between the French and English culture and being fluent in both languages. That said, I always feel the need to defend French because so many ignorant English people seem to think it's bad for French people to have some pride in their local boys, or to watch French broadcasts expecting no bias towards French people. You guys make no sense. It's NORMAL for an ethnicity to be proud of their local boys and the only real issue here is the CBC coverage that's not exactly attractive for English Habs fans, because it's Toronto based, full of ex-Bruins analysts.

Last edited:

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
For sure we'd like RDS be more like la soirée du hockey, it won't happen. The casual fan put a lot of stock on Québécois player, RDS is targeting the casual fan, they don't know about other teams than the Habs. I guess that now that TVA has taken the big part of the pie one of the two stations will try to différenciate itself from the other and I hope it's for the best. La Zone was really a good hockey show too bad they canceled it.

For those who have TVA sport, is it as low quality as RDS?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Who the F cares about what RDS's analysts say at l'Antichambre ? Eller got some warranted PP time along with Bork and it paid off. But I guess you can't praise Therrien for doing that, because it dosen't fit with your agenda. Just watch NHL Network and many other sports channels and even them are praising our smaller French Canadian players like they deserve to be. No mention of Eller yet on all these shows but you, I and 90% of Habs fans are really liking what they're seeing from the Danish handsome boy.

Why can't we all get along and encourage our Habs and then start whining and chirping when the team actually plays on the golf courts ?

I.m not on TV, i don't have a millions poeple listening to what i have to say....i'm nobody and my opinions doesn't really mean anything. But can we say the same about RDS...they are the one with an agenda.

That's why this thread exist..

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Montreal Canadiens vs Montreal Canadiens

8:00 pm Tonight
RDS, CBC, NBCSN

Go Habs Go
Or
Go Habs Go

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
For sure we'd like RDS be more like la soirée du hockey, it won't happen. The casual fan put a lot of stock on Québécois player, RDS is targeting the casual fan, they don't know about other teams than the Habs. I guess that now that TVA has taken the big part of the pie one of the two stations will try to différenciate itself from the other and I hope it's for the best. La Zone was really a good hockey show too bad they canceled it.

its worst. yeah, that's possible.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I have a cure for this disease : I don't give a F what some TV broadcaster says, and I form my opinion watching games. And this isn't propaganda, this is bias, big difference. If RDS wasn't biased towards Frenchies, who else would ? Didn't you know that RDS couldn't care less about their English audience ? Didn't you know that CBC is the official English broadcaster of Habs games ?

Like I said in my post above, I don't watch "analysts" segments, or any other type of segment because it's mindless drivel to me, and that goes for CBC and RDS - TSN is the only channel I can digest these days. The thing is I don't know why anyone needs to be biased towards the Frenchies, why can't they just be biased towards the Habs? I like winning and I like winners, I don't like a TV station telling me this guy is great when the eye test is telling me he played like a turd. I also don't like it when these "analysts" jump to attack a player after 1 bad game (Eller) but will only say negative things about another (Desharnais) after a dozen or more piss-horrid games. Bias, propaganda, it doesn't really make a difference because treating players differently based on their mother tongue is piss-poor journalism and, like I said, that's why I stay away.

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement

TVA sports is terrible. RDS are pros compared to TVA sports's productions.

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Like I said in my post above, I don't watch "analysts" segments, or any other type of segment because it's mindless drivel to me, and that goes for CBC and RDS - TSN is the only channel I can digest these days. The thing is I don't know why anyone needs to be biased towards the Frenchies, why can't they just be biased towards the Habs? I like winning and I like winners, I don't like a TV station telling me this guy is great when the eye test is telling me he played like a turd. I also don't like it when these "analysts" jump to attack a player after 1 bad game (Eller) but will only say negative things about another (Desharnais) after a dozen or more piss-horrid games. Bias, propaganda, it doesn't really make a difference because treating players differently based on their mother tongue is piss-poor journalism and, like I said, that's why I stay away.

This isn't journalism. RDS is bias, therefore, not journalism. It's 'journal de Montreal' quality, it's for entertainment, and catters to casual French Habs fans. You're not the target audience, and I'm not either, because their opinions are meaningless to me. I watch games and make my own opinions out of them.

[MOD]

Most French fans don't read / participate in these discussions, and rightfully so since most don't / can't have a convo in English, and while I don't really put much weight on those subjects, you can see the Anti-French bias those English fans have when skimming through their post history. One post after another bashing a Frenchie, the French coach or the French GM. Never a credit when it's due. Not even crediting Therrien for preparing his team, making adjustments on the fly, nothing, only pure Anti-French bias. But I guess I'm crossing the line here. I'm glad RDS is biased towards Quebecers because otherwise we'd only watch Anti-Habs bias from CBC and Anti-French hate on the webz.

Also, how do you feel when they praise Corey Crawford, Alex Killhorn, Brad Richards, Jonathan Toews and other Anglo / mixed Quebecers ? I personnaly feel as much pride about these guys than I do about French local boys. RDS always put an emphasis on birthplace first and not really 'only' the mother tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Disclaimer ; I have both cultures in my blood, (...)

That's a whole other debate. Immigrants from a multitude of cultures have built and are continuing to build this country. It shouldn't matter what culture one is from.

Mario le Magnifique

Dec 6, 2007
My basement
That's a whole other debate. Immigrants from a multitude of cultures have built and are continuing to build this country. It shouldn't matter what culture one is from.

Well, it seems to matter to some people 'round here, as much is RDS guilty of being biased towards local stories, there are people discrediting every Therrien's moves because of his mother tongue. The pendulum swings both ways, and both are irritating as ****.

Like I said can't we all get along for the cause and bury these topics untill Habs are playing golf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad