The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
That line gets used to excuse lack of production from Legwand and others.

I was sad to see Blake get traded but if he wasn't performing up to expectations maybe a change of scenery will help. Though I hope he is studying French. Those Francophones are a touchy bunch when it comes to their language.

Back to the negativity. Dallas game, Benn was out which helped. Gill taking a penalty with 2 minutes left gets the bonehead award for the night. Still getting trapped in our zone, weak clears. Must get tighter and more precise. This week is gonna be a killer.

Oh am I the only one not thrilled with the contract extensions to Poile and Felton? Poile has done well building this team but I don't see much evidence that he can get the last few pieces to make us a contender. And our scouts need to find some snipers!

tserberis*

Did you watch last night? How many posts and good shots did they have? Even Josi looked good but Bouillon is killing me with the give aways. Bring Ellis back and throw Franky in the box

I would take Ellis over Bull to. He is + 7 in his short stretch here. Not that bad. Big boost on O too.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Living up to the highest degree of this thread's title, why do I have this sick feeling that the current Preds team will be the one we see Monday night on "Dollar Dog Night" at the Bridge? It just appears that far too many teams will be standing pat, and our lack of a real scoring threat will keep us from making any noise beyond early April. Sure hope I'm proven wrong.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Living up to the highest degree of this thread's title, why do I have this sick feeling that the current Preds team will be the one we see Monday night on "Dollar Dog Night" at the Bridge? It just appears that far too many teams will be standing pat, and our lack of a real scoring threat will keep us from making any noise beyond early April. Sure hope I'm proven wrong.

Of course, we could make a move on Monday and the roster will still be the same that night. It isn't necessarily a bad thing if you don't see any new names on the 27th. ;)

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I don't see us doing much. :shakehead

What is up with Josi? It is either I love him or he is pissn me off! It must be because of his exp but his clearing of the puck SUCKs at times! And so does Smith and Leggy! :rant:
Do they not work on that in practice (we are talkn practice ya'll. Had to throw that in). It seemed like a majority of our clearing passes were right to the Blues players! I hope our young guys are not starting to crack under the pressure of getn close to playoffs time. A lot of minor mistakes are being made, which are leading to shots on goal or goals for our competition. Not good.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

What is up with Josi? It is either I love him or he is pissn me off! It must be because of his exp but his clearing of the puck SUCKs at times! And so does Smith and Leggy! :rant:
Do they not work on that in practice (we are talkn practice ya'll. Had to throw that in). It seemed like a majority of our clearing passes were right to the Blues players! I hope our young guys are not starting to crack under the pressure of getn close to playoffs time. A lot of minor mistakes are being made, which are leading to shots on goal or goals for our competition. Not good.

But are we talking about practice x 22.5? :sarcasm:

(for those of you who don't get it: )

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

Don't forget that not only is this Josi's rookie season this is also only his 2nd year in NA. When he's pressured going back for the puck he does the easiest and safest thing and just wraps the puck around the boards. At times the wings won't be in position yet or they will lose a battle and the other team will keep in the puck in and possibly score BUT I'd rather Josi do that then try to force something and get stripped cleanly or turn the puck over in the middle of the ice.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Remember when they traded Franson and Lombardi and said they were freeing up money and roster spots? Man was that bs or what?

Yep, pretty disappointing. On the other hand, getting rid of Lombardi was addition by subtraction, so there's that. Do hate getting led on though.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Remember when they traded Franson and Lombardi and said they were freeing up money and roster spots? Man was that bs or what?

well, it was money, and roster spots... and they were eventually filled... the difference now is, we have to have our roster set by monday afternoon... back then we still had two months...

something is coming... has to be...

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Oh goody, get to resurrect this baby again.:rant:

I certainly hope this game quiets talk of us being a force in the POs. Can't get the puck out of our zone, turnovers by the dozens, shots not taken and for the love of God can we pass stick to stick sometime?

Just a complete lack of focus and work ethic. Let LA walk all over us. Erat and Hornqvist with decent games. Everyone else just sucked. Not sure why Halischuk had to sit in favor of Smith. I love Smith but Halischuk is tough on the boards and can create on his own. Tootoo and Legwand were plain awful. If Toots gets suspended then maybe he can get his head together.

Hope they remember how to play by thursday.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
You're missing the point of this thread 101st. It's a *****/rant thread for those of us who just want to do that. Not to mention we should not have come out playing like crap. At this point in the season, I expect them to be playing with some consistency and some focus.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
legwand, suter, weber .... start doing something.. yall 3 suck. and will randomly do something good.. tootoo, you suck as well.. no focus. rinne.. you are no lundqvist.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
The only negative thing I can add is that this whole thread sucks. We as Preds fans can't complain too much when compared to some other teams.

devils61

Jan 8, 2007
Devils Fan here: i figure this would go on the negativity thread, but does it bother you to hear about Suter going to X team as much as it bothers us to hear Parise going to X team??

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
You're missing the point of this thread 101st. It's a *****/rant thread for those of us who just want to do that. Not to mention we should not have come out playing like crap. At this point in the season, I expect them to be playing with some consistency and some focus.

I'm not missing a thing. I just choose to take a negative stance on what I see as irrational negativity.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Devils Fan here: i figure this would go on the negativity thread, but does it bother you to hear about Suter going to X team as much as it bothers us to hear Parise going to X team??

Yes. It makes me alternately angry or depressed. LEAVE SUTER ALONE!

(If I knew how to link YouTube clips I'd totally link "Leave Britney alone!" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad