OT: The Music Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
However it’s time to leave Neil Young to think long and hard about what he’s done, because the Ditch Trilogy isn’t so much about Neil Young as it is about Neil’s band, Crazy Horse, and in particular, guitarist Danny Whitten.

As Young himself put it, “Every musician has one guy in the planet that he can play with better than anyone else. You only get one guy. My guy was Danny Whitten” - From Every Record Tells a Story

Danny wrote Downtown and shared vocals with Neil on the original.

Became a standard long after Danny was gone.

Gone, gone the damage done

My favorite version,

Reactions: aguineapig72

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Not trying to be snarky with this response, but my answer is yes…when I was in middle school.

Theres a lot of talent in those bands, but I just can’t get over how so much of it sounds exactly the same to me. The lyrics are generally pretty one dimensional and the vocals are predictable.

Feel like why I’ve gotten more into “prog metal” in later years is just because there’s more variation on the music and lyrics. A lot of that groove metal is just relying on riffs IMO and I can only listen to so much of it.
Not snarky at all, though I'm guessing middle school was a lot more recently for you than it was for me.

I'm finding a lot of similarities, but still enjoying it. I can see it being just a phase for me, but for now, I'm liking it. Which is kind of surprising for me. A friend tried to introduce me to FFDP about 12 years ago, and it wasn't my cup of tea at all then. Tastes change, I guess.

I will see what I can find on "prog metal" and see how it differs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad