OT: The Music Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Anyone listened to any of the Dark Side of the Moon ‘Redux’ singles from Roger Waters?

May only be for both a fan of Pink Floyd, and the obscureness that is Roger Waters, but I love this version of ‘Time’.

Whole album out sometime in October.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
“I came home one day from school after being chased by kids singing “Yellow Submarine”, and I didn't understand why. It just seemed surreal: why are they singing that song to me? I came home and I freaked out on my dad: 'Why didn't you tell me you were in The Beatles?' And he said, 'Oh, sorry. Probably should have told you that.'” - Dhani Harrison

1695675125797.png

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
George was a Rockabilly fan growing up and he loved Carl Perkins. During the early days he was billed as "Carl Harrison" as a tribute. They later became great friends.

From Rolling Stone:
And there was no bigger Perkins fan among the Beatles than Harrison. As a teenage rocker, he briefly used the stage name of Carl Harrison, and Harrison’s deceptively elementary guitar style — the tight trebly cluck of his rhythm work and the focused golden sting of his leads — was clearly inspired by Perkins’ rich country-sunshine minimalism.

At Carl's funeral.

Ripping it up in Heaven now

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Joy Division was a band that, with only two albums, was able to change the music industry through their work in post-punk. Sadly, the band couldn't continue to carve out a deeper pathway in the new musical direction they started due to the fading health and personal problems of their front man Ian Curtis. Curtis's epilepsy and depression, coupled with marital problems and anxiety brought from the upcoming North American tour for the album Closer due to his medical condition, forced the English frontman took his own life at the young age of 23. People close to Curtis, including his band mates, stated that it was only after listening to the catalog of music that they could hear the pain the singer was going through. After Curtis's passing, the remaining members chose to soldier on together but rebranded as the band New Order.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Joy Division was a band that, with only two albums, was able to change the music industry through their work in post-punk. Sadly, the band couldn't continue to carve out a deeper pathway in the new musical direction they started due to the fading health and personal problems of their front man Ian Curtis. Curtis's epilepsy and depression, coupled with marital problems and anxiety brought from the upcoming North American tour for the album Closer due to his medical condition, forced the English frontman took his own life at the young age of 23. People close to Curtis, including his band mates, stated that it was only after listening to the catalog of music that they could hear the pain the singer was going through. After Curtis's passing, the remaining members chose to soldier on together but rebranded as the band New Order.

I'm the biggest New Order fan ever. But even I had to laugh when my buddy and I saw them at Great Woods, and during the crescendo of Blue Monday, my buddy leaned over and said "Jesus, nobody is touching their instrument except the bass player!" :DD

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Anyone here a fan of groove metal? During the Metallica two-day concert at the beginning of the month, Pantera and Five Finger Death Punch were openers (different nights), and since then, I've just let my FFDP playlist run through and let Apple Music go from there. I had never really investigated that genre of music before, but have since discovered how much I really like harder metal bands like Godsmack, Slipknot, Korn, Stone Sour, All That Remains, etc. For other fans, what are some other bands I should spend more listening time on?

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
In the days of my wayward youth I had an apartment and around the corner was a laundromat. One Friday night got home from work and realized all my clothes were dirty and in a pile. I took them down to the laundromat and threw them in two washers. Might as well visit the pub around the corner while waiting. Next thing I know it's quarter to nine, the laundromat closes at nine and I'll have a pile of clothes not dry. I rushed to the laundromat to find all my clothes dried, folded and stacked in my basket. The lady said "It's always dead in here Friday nights, so it gave me something to do". I gave here a fiver to cover the drier and and her kindness. And I always had a date on Friday night from there on in down at the laundromat.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm the biggest New Order fan ever. But even I had to laugh when my buddy and I saw them at Great Woods, and during the crescendo of Blue Monday, my buddy leaned over and said "Jesus, nobody is touching their instrument except the bass player!" :DD

I was never a fan of Joy Division or New Order, though I didn't dislike either.

We all know where the term "Joy Division" comes from, no?

Last edited:

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Gram's band when he was a "Havahd Man" as Jack Edwards would say. He attended Harvard Divinity school and flunked out after one semester.

1695946136287.png

"Go get myself stoned" was definitely not in country music vernacular circa 1967

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad