OT: The Music Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I’m on a mission to listen to all the albums I own that I haven’t had time to explore. Anything that doesn’t meet my exceedingly high standards is being sold. That includes post-Goats Head Soup Rolling Stones.
Agreed re Stones. While It's Only Rock 'n Roll has a few good tracks on it (ok, three), it was all downhill from there. Well, except for a few outliers, it pretty much went all downhill from there for music in general.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I used to think this song was just annoying. I didn’t realize that it’s actually awesome.

That is peak 80’s synthesizer solo in the middle!

Reactions: aguineapig

aguineapig

It's over now Big Z. "Pack up your rockin' chair" and come back home. We're going to need an Asst. Coach for the D once Kevin Dean, the Dean of the D corps, rightfully gets a Head Coaching shot somewhere. But it's your decision, so in the meantime...

Reactions: Orr Fourever

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
love this thread, get to hear tunes I had forgotten about and get turned onto new stuff I had never heard of

Was thinking of starting a Pod thread to see what people enjoy listening to as I`m a big pod fan

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
there are tunes that are simply horrible, lyrics are amateur hour, cheezy yet gets my toes tapping when I hear it with a smirk, here`s 2 of em

Yours?

Reactions: aguineapig

aguineapig

there are tunes that are simply horrible, lyrics are amateur hour, cheezy yet gets my toes tapping when I hear it with a smirk, here`s 2 of em

Yours?

Had a fully equipped 1966 Dodge Coronet with an AM radio. Fully at the mercy of the local DJ. When this one came on the lyrics from the smokey back seat were something like this.
"My name is Michael, I've got a dime bag shiny and new, that's what I'm gonna do'

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Had a fully equipped 1966 Dodge Coronet with an AM radio. Fully at the mercy of the local DJ. When this one came on the lyrics from the smokey back seat were something like this.
"My name is Michael, I've got a dime bag shiny and new, that's what I'm gonna do'

that`s a classic

aguineapig

Habs are still alive. For now. But it is a just a stay in execution.
It's a joy to know your resting in peace
War in Peace what a funny combination
It's a joy to see you in your red risen dead
Risen dead will cross another generation

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Habs are still alive. For now. But it is a just a stay in execution.
It's a joy to know your resting in peace
War in Peace what a funny combination
It's a joy to see you in your red risen dead
Risen dead will cross another generation

Thanks for sharing....I was not familiar with Skip. Interesting stuff. Canadian too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad