OT: The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
This info shocked me today.

TG Maverick is expected to make approx 125 million in the 3 day opening. That will be Tom's biggest opening of his career.

His previous biggest was 65 million for War of the Worlds.

I would have thought one....even some...of his other movies would have opened to 100+ million.
Nah I can see that easily. Pandemic = no one going to the movies + everyone wanting to see the arguably first big summer movie since lockdowns.
How olds his last mission impossible movie, 5-8 years ago?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nah I can see that easily. Pandemic = no one going to the movies + everyone wanting to see the arguably first big summer movie since lockdowns.
How olds his last mission impossible movie, 5-8 years ago?
Last MI movie was 4 years ago.

The pandemic has no bearing on what I am surprised about. I expected that one of the MI movies, or another one, had better openings than they did. Like before TG Maverick, WOW was his top opening at 64 million. That's less than TMNT opening for example. Or Pitch Perfect 2. Or 2012. Or Sonic the Hedge 2.

Cruise is talked about as such a bankable star, I just expected he had to have a few movies that opened to 100+ million weekends....not his best at 64 million.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A friend of mine saw Top Gun and said it was the best movie he's seen in a decade lol

I'm definitely seeing it next weekend

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sounds like the hype is exactly that...hype.

I will watch it, but doubt it will be that great. I am sure it will be entertaining but can't see it being Oscar worthy...especially when Tom Cruise is in it....

Reactions: Hanover Fist

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Confession: I've never watched Top Gun. I saw it was on Netflix recently and decided to finally try watching it. I gave up like 15 minutes in. It was just Tom Cruise and a bunch of other dudes in Navy uniforms absolutely drenched in sweat.

1654027137342.png

WHY IS HE SO WET? IT'S DISGUSTING!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Confession: I've never watched Top Gun. I saw it was on Netflix recently and decided to finally try watching it. I gave up like 15 minutes in. It was just Tom Cruise and a bunch of other dudes in Navy uniforms absolutely drenched in sweat.

View attachment 554288

Sweatiest movies ever made?

Cool Hand Luke is my pick.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

View attachment 554288

clearly youre not one of the boys worth playing with

I enjoyed Top Gun: Maverick. I had some issues with it, but overall it was enjoyable.
I almost went and saw it by myself at the late showing the other day. I watched the original last night to prepare

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This orange gang has excellent discipline and organization. Bath robes appear to signify authority.

Oh noooooooooo Central Gang Radio, which every gang member listens to obviously, has put a bounty on the Warriors! I fret.

Reactions: Magua and Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad