The Most Exciting Players In The NHL...

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Around the league, Gaudreau, McDavid and Kane are at the top of the league in terms of pure entertainment and they're doing things with the puck that not many guys are doing.

On the Leafs it's easily Matthews, he's so skilled for a big man, he's always making unique plays, very fun to watch.

Like these two plays didn't get a lot of buzz around them, but anyone that has actually played hockey knows how incredibly difficult it is to do this.

Again, anyone that has played hockey knows how incredible you need to be to do things like this.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
I would put McDavid and Ovechkin as 1 and 2. And W. Karlsson this last season for good measure lol. Not close between the three though, McDavid imo dominates this list.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
An in the zone Crosby and Malkin, where they can do anything and everything, has been amazing to watch for the past 10+ years.

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
McDavid. I am not saying it because he is arguably the best but, because he is the most exciting, to me. I think it has been a good while those two combined, since I don't find Crosby f.ex that exciting to watch, although he is immensely effective.

To be honest I used to like the bruisers - Larry Robinson was my childhood hero and Scott Stevens a long time favourite. The change in the speed of the game size of the players etc. and all the concussions have understandably pretty much removed the type from the League.

Reactions: snipes

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Malkin when he's angry.

Crosby when the other team's fans are chanting his name.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
McDavid

(This is in no order despite putting him first I don’t need to explain why he’s the most exciting talent in years if not decades)

Mackinnon (last year we’ll see if it happens again)

gaudreau (I dig the small and crafty guys, loved fleury when in flames too)

Benn (I like power forwards) or beast mode getzlaf

Ovi

Marchand

Pastrnak

Matthews

Tavares

Barkov

Scheifele

point

Larkin

Patrick Kane

Mallon (when motivated)

Sid

Eichel (easily imo) Not even being biased but Jack Eichel is alreaxy one of the most electrifying players everytime he steps on he ice because he has the speed and skill one needs to create the types of olays that bring you out of your seat each time he breaks in through transition which he is naturally so good at. (His production is too notch with no help) Eichel is a lot like Nathan mackinnon of last year for those who don’t watch buffalo in which case I don’t blame you, lol.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Karlsson has a pretty unique combination of speed, skill and personality/swagger.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Pastrnak has moves second to none, and is about as creative a winger as there is in the game. As great as he is offensively he can be a turnover machine at times which makes his shifts very entertaining.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
McDavid, Marner.
I kind of find Ovi boring.
Lots of good player but I sure miss Datsyuk.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Crosby when he's using his edges with burts of speed.

Malkin when he's not slacking.

Barzal whenever he has the puck.

Lesser talents, I like Miles Wood and Bryan Rust.

Edit : I like Hischier's two way game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad