The Most Exciting Players In The NHL...

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
For me the most exciting player is the one that makes you look up from what you are doing if they have the puck or makes you lean forward in your seat at the arena during their shifts.

I feel that way about Malkin, Ovechkin, McDavid, Karlsson, Kane and a couple of other younger players in the league who I will reserve judgment on.

Agreed a 120%.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Might sound a little odd, but watching Vasilevsky dominating the crease at times with his ultra low positioning is something I found quite exciting at times.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
McDavid for me. That speed and the talent to do something with it is tremendously exciting.
Karlsson is a good HM.
Most players who can pull off the unexpected i find exciting.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Marchand -- highlight worthy skill plays, lots of scoring, gets big goals a lot, is an OT and GWG monster, chirps constantly, always a threat to make a dirty/borderline play. Very exciting player whether you love or hate him.

LOL - Come on, he's well past the borderline - he's dirty, period.

He needs to play 3+ clean seasons to lose this dirty label.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Used to enjoy the big hitters and fighters,but since we are into a more genteel kind of era....I enjoy watching Marner, Barzal, Kane,Gaudreau and a few others like them. The danglers and such!

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Non playoffs: probably McDavid. The things he can do, at his speed, is simply mindblowing.
Playoffs: P.K. Subban, at least in Montreal, was the f***ing bomb. And when playoffs came, he was a total beast. Most fun player we had since Kovalev,

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Love watching the Penguins to watch Crosby and Malkin. Always exciting.

McDavid is fun to watch when he rushes up the wing.

Marner will be exciting to watch when his game fully develops. He is fun for a while and then it can get frustrating when he doesn't shoot. Got better at the end of last season already.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
For goalies, it's LA's very own Jonathan Quick. When he's on (which is most of the time, fortunately), he makes mind-blowing saves. When he's not, you get to see him aggressively over-commit and break sticks in a tantrum. Either way, you're guaranteed entertainment.

Reactions: bukwas and Butch 19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad