The most dominant 3rd and 4th lines the Rangers have had that I can remember

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Zucc line is not the third line. It is the 2nd line and has been for a long time. The 4th line stinks IMO. They don't score. They don't fight or hit. They don't agitate. Basically, all they do is try to hold the puck in the other teams end in the corner.

That's ridiculous. How much scoring do you expect from the 4th line? It's our best offensive 4th line since I've been watching and they have turned games around. Huge reason for the win against Philly. Would have been a huge reason for a win against the Flames if they didn't fall apart. They played great against Phoenix. They provide energy, puck possession, and some scoring. I wouldn't trade all the fights in the world for that. We used to have a bunch of goons that we couldn't play in the 4th line. This is easily the best 4th line since I started watching. This team is 4 lines deep. We've had teams that were barely 2 lines deep. I'd take this 4th line over the 3rd line we had most of 11-12. Hockey fans' fascination with big tough useless goons never ceases to amaze me.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We should be happy with what we have. Our 4th line has racked up a lot of important points. Moore and Boyle have 18 points, Dorsett 9. Carcillo only has 3 but brings so much besides that.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
My reservations about overall lack of size & toughness on the team aside. The bottom six seems to play a huge role during the playoffs.....so warm fuzzy all around.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The 4th line on any team hardly ever puts up points. Mainly it serves the purpose of pinning the opposition against the boards and wearing them down. Hopefully in their own end while generating a few points as sauce for the goose.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The Zucc line is not the third line. It is the 2nd line and has been for a long time. The 4th line stinks IMO. They don't score. They don't fight or hit. They don't agitate. Basically, all they do is try to hold the puck in the other teams end in the corner.

Facepalm'd in real life at this ridiculous post.

They don't score? What games are you watching? For a fourth line, they score at a good pace and dominate possession. What the hell else do you want from you fourth line? They don't hit? You can't be serious, can you?

nikonsniper*

The only bottom-6 that i would replace would be Derek D. Not that i dislike him, i think he is the most easily replaced part. Moore/Boyle/MZA/Pou/Brass, to replace any of those guys with a legitimate upgrade, will cost (either in dollars or trade chips). Dorsett is the one guy who i feel isnt quite unique enough to warrant a tough search to find someone better, and i think that we could do that this offseason from within (Kristo/Fast/Hrivik/Lindberg).

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Pou-Brassard-Zuke is our second line now behind MSL-Stepan-Nash. Richards' line is the third. At least in my opinion, not sure what the 5-on-5 time on ice looks like.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Pou-Brassard-Zuke is our second line now behind MSL-Stepan-Nash. Richards' line is the third. At least in my opinion, not sure what the 5-on-5 time on ice looks like.

Who cares which line is considered which number? It's all about match ups with AV. I think if you can get the Zuke line out there for 15 mins a night against the other teams 3rd defense pair that it is going to lead to good things.

What I mean is if they're going to be considered our third line and that will lead to the other teams matching up against them as if they're a standard third line then we win. Let them eat third line minutes and get the solid pp time that they do. All three top 9 lines get almost equal 5v5 time anyway.

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

Yeah, they don't fight. They merely can posses the puck with efficiency and actually score at a decent clip. :shakehead

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
A lot of Rangers fans are obsessed with fighting. I'm not even talking about complaining about a lack of toughness as there is some merit to that. I have a friend that was reminiscing about the days of Darren Langdon. He said positively about how he remembered Langdon would have a one shift a game just so that he could fight. People would rather have a fighter than a better team. It's mind boggling.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What happened with that, I've never heard the story behind the stuff Moore said about the nyr.

IIRC, he said some ignorant **** about not being given a chance and such. In all reality, he just wasn't all that great his first go-around here. I assume those bridges that were burned have been put out. I hope he re-signs with us. I'd love to have him finish his career where it started.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
A lot of Rangers fans are obsessed with fighting. I'm not even talking about complaining about a lack of toughness as there is some merit to that. I have a friend that was reminiscing about the days of Darren Langdon. He said positively about how he remembered Langdon would have a one shift a game just saw that he could fight. People would rather have a fighter than a better team. It's mind boggling.

Remember how some people said that Boyle wasn't tough because he isn't fighting every other shift? :laugh:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
IIRC, he said some ignorant **** about not being given a chance and such. In all reality, he just wasn't all that great his first go-around here. I assume those bridges that were burned have been put out. I hope he re-signs with us. I'd love to have him finish his career where it started.

I don't remember much of him in his first stint with us, is he really much better now?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't remember much of him in his first stint with us, is he really much better now?

Oh yeah. Much better. His defensive game really blossomed in Florida and Tampa. He was barely a NHL player for a while. Then he had that big offensive year in Toronto and got moved (where I correctly predicted he'd fall flat on his face offensively) to Buffalo.

I think he really dedicated himself to his two-way game in that next season and he's truly become a very, very good defensive player who can still cycle the puck great in the offensive zone. Much more complete player than he once was.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also, not trying to **** on Leslie since it's actually a Hockey's Future issue, but the articles back when I wrote were much more interesting. Brandon and Edge were awesome writers on here and it wasn't the tiny amount of articles you see now. We'd do all kinds of prospect features and not just the standard articles that come out.

This site is way too formal with the article process.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
His salary is fine for an elite 4th liner (which he is) who can easily chip in on the 3rd line when needed.

Hey listen he's doing a good job but he's s 4 th line pker. He is not a good 3rd liner and that's why fast is playing

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hey listen he's doing a good job but he's s 4 th line pker. He is not a good 3rd liner and that's why fast is playing

I didn't say he was a good 3rd liner. I said he can chip in when needed (which he can). And "good job" is an understatement. He's an elite 4th liner and a great PKer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad