The Montreal Pyrrhics get a victory over NYR

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Besides the penalties habs played a beautiful game! everything was on point! Good passing and puck movement! Tight checking and responsible play by both forwards and D corps. Subban and Markov best duo in the league. PK seemed more focus then usual had a playoff approach to his game seemed ready for the challenge made simple plays when no option. Eller was in beast mode! Desharnais was like Grestzky with his passes lol. Galchenyuk was on point. Petry was like big bird. Habs dominated and imo the better team nuff said.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
What struck me the most about last night's game is how quickly the Habs closed gaps, severely limiting the Rangers' time to make plays and causing a huge number of turnovers. Speed kills and no one has as much of it as the Habs. They outskated a team that usually plays a high tempo game.

This. Teams around the league will examine this game closely as a template for their game plans.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Ok I had to watch that just to see if he actually says Desjardins lol. Besides it's not like Desjardins scored. I don;t see how he's the reason they lost.

Montreal's depth helps them win games which is what he's highlighting. We don't just have one line that other teams can focus all their effort on, they need to be wary of all 4 lines which gives our top line more breathing room to score like they did last night.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
The history buff in me really digs the title. Props to whoever came up with it :handclap:

Well, I wouldn't say I "dig" it. I missed the game last night and saw the title before anything else and immediately got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Knew it had to be another injury to a core player, but was hoping it wasn't Price... :(

So, great title, in terms of a title, to be sure. For those who understand the nature of a Pyrrhic victory, quite apt, albeit unfortunate.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
Montreal's depth helps them win games which is what he's highlighting. We don't just have one line that other teams can focus all their effort on, they need to be wary of all 4 lines which gives our top line more breathing room to score like they did last night.

and if they get too aggressive our PP makes them pay

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Isn't it great that fighting is all but non existent? The days of thugs are just about gone....

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Subban now has the 4th worst shooting percentage out of NHL players that have taken 50 or more shots. Only Voracek (1.5%), Krug (1.6%), and Letang (1.7%) are having worse seasons when it comes to goalscoring than he is (1.8%)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Subban now has the 4th worst shooting percentage out of NHL players that have taken 50 or more shots. Only Voracek (1.5%), Krug (1.6%), and Letang (1.7%) are having worse seasons when it comes to goalscoring than he is (1.8%)

Yeah, I noticed this too. While players like Weise and perhaps Flash have been unsustainably lucky, others have been unlucky. Subban has only one goal; Markov has two. Part is due to the adapted PP, where passing and shooting are much better distributed to everyone, but really... Subban with only one goal? 'Overdue' is an understatement.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, I noticed this too. While players like Weise and perhaps Flash have been unsustainably lucky, others have been unlucky. Subban has only one goal; Markov has two. Part is due to the adapted PP, where passing and shooting are much better distributed to everyone, but really... Subban with only one goal? 'Overdue' is an understatement.

He has enough assists to make up for it but it seems teams have adjusted to his shot....

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
So I m just hoping that Condon learned and improved on his last games, namely his rebound control and his over aggressiveness, so not going out too far out of his crease, he seems to be a learner so I have faith in him although I don't think he s had enough time to correct those things but hopefully he improved on them

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

It's not like he's shooting any less either. He's on pace for 200 shots. I think it's just dumb bad luck.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
So I m just hoping that Condon learned and improved on his last games, namely his rebound control and his over aggressiveness, so not going out too far out of his crease, he seems to be a learner so I have faith in him although I don't think he s had enough time to correct those things but hopefully he improved on them

His rebound control did not look great in the 3rd against NYR but it's hard to fault a goalie coming in cold, often they will spit out rebounds before settling down...we'll see on Friday I guess.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto

I mean, you can only expect so much from a rookie being told to carry the torch in place of the reigning league MVP. I think that if, overall, Condon can be a league average goalie while Price is injured, that we should be happy.

Despite the fact that he stumbled a bit in his last two starts, I think that how well he played earlier on more than balances out those tough outings. I do think that fans used to seeing Price in the net for most games might have to get used to having a more 'average' goalie for the time being, which can often mean a mix of good, bad, and great performances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad