The Montreal Pyrrhics get a victory over NYR

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
DSP looks so much better this season. He's so much faster out there this year and he's doing a great job. Props to him for working hard in the offseason preparing for this season.

kudos to him. hopefully it has now sunk in his head that to play in the nhl, you need to prepare like a pro, not like a bro

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Hopefully this is the last we hear out of the pro-sekac crowd, but I doubt it since there's still probably people around here who want kostitsyn back

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Just came back from work.
See the score.

*DROP MIC*

giphy.gif

Edit :

See Price is hurt again.
*cry*

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
They won and made it look easy exposing NYR weaknesses. There's been talk about Price's injuries but noone is talking about Lundqvist ego injury.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Yep. Conversely, the DD line wasn't that great, thus they got a little less icetime than usual.

They certainly weren't bad at all though. They had some great shifts, hemming in the rangers for over a minute. So many chances but they just couldn't bury.

Chucky's line was on fire though. By far the best game they played all year. If they can keep it up, habs are gonna be really hard to stop with 4 solid lines.

Also, dsp was an absolute beast last night

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
690 now buzzing about picking up Ortio, when we had it going in this thread from last night. HF on the ball.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
My crazy uncle's not named Mike... but he's crazy enough to call the open lines and pretend he's Mike. Anyways, he's sort of starting to admit that Price is OK-ish. Don't worry, whenever we win a cup, he's gonna be a huge Price supporter. But that's what it's gonna take: a Stanley cup and nothing less. :laugh:

sounds like my dad, he used to be the BIGGEST Price hater.

he used to say that Price would fake his injuries whenever we were in a critical moment because he was mentally weak :laugh:

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
690 now buzzing about picking up Ortio, when we had it going in this thread from last night. HF on the ball.

I also heard one of them use BargainBin as a complaint that MB is "always looking in the BargainBin" for players

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Weise, Fleischmann and Desharnais leads Forwards at ES TOI.....but they let one shift at Galchy's line at the end of the game on the PP.
Fleischmann had more TOI than Pacioretty overall.

Hahah... Well, the eyetest fooled me on that one. Besides, it's not like DD and Flash were bad -- they were just not great, and that's probably why I didn't notice them a lot. Weise wasn't good though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I also heard one of them use BargainBin as a complaint that MB is "always looking in the BargainBin" for players

Now that you mention it ... indeed, and BargainBin originated here. These 690 guys are scouring the forum and lifting stuff for their own use without crediting the site.

Meantime, they keep filling their airtime with stupid goal call replays which are just guys screaming at the top of their lungs over a goal. I can see the value of a play-by-play guy's voice coupled with a video of a goal, but on the radio, who cares what the announcer said when a goal was scored, unless it's some blooper.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Now that you mention it ... indeed, and BargainBin originated here. These 690 guys are scouring the forum and lifting stuff for their own use without crediting the site.

Meantime, they keep filling their airtime with stupid goal call replays which are just guys screaming at the top of their lungs over a goal. I can see the value of a play-by-play guy's voice coupled with a video of a goal, but on the radio, who cares what the announcer said when a goal was scored, unless it's some blooper.

uh... how are you supposed to know what the goal looked like on the radio? With a description maybe? That's why play-by-play guys are even MORE important on the radio :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
uh... how are you supposed to know what the goal looked like on the radio? With a description maybe? That's why play-by-play guys are even MORE important on the radio :laugh:

It would be more interesting to hear the comments from the color commentator following a goal rather than the cliched top-of-the-lungs goal scream of the play-by-play guy.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Loved the way the team played last night, just a stellar game. Too bad Price's injury overshadowed some great storylines. I sincerely hope that he gets back soon but at this point im starting to be worried about this. The word chronic comes to mind....

Great game by DSP! I was really happy for him :) he worked his tail off since the start of the season and deserves to be rewarded. Loved his gallagher immitation when he just steamed full force ahead to recover that great Patches pass from the back.

Chucky's line was just pure fire! Andrighetto's skill and speed has given them wings! Alex himself has been nothing short of a beast in the last few games. And so is Eller.

D's did a good job last night limiting quality chances by the Rags. Extra props to the fourth and third lines who worked hard and made things happen.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What struck me the most about last night's game is how quickly the Habs closed gaps, severely limiting the Rangers' time to make plays and causing a huge number of turnovers. Speed kills and no one has as much of it as the Habs. They outskated a team that usually plays a high tempo game.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's very clearly a knee injury to Price. That's the same knee that Kreider destroyed as well. Although I'm not overly worried since he played the rest of the period and he didn't have surgery after he hurt it the first time.

I suspect he'll probably be out about another 2-3 weeks like he was the first time if it's a sprain or a tweak.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

Lets give credit where its due... RIP WhiskeySeven

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
technically he's not hurt "again", since its the same injury and it never fully healed.
:laugh: Holy crap man.

Just looking at the highlights and reports this morning... so he hurts himself and stays in the game? I love Price but he's got to know when to come out. I love the competitive fire but it's the regular season and he's way too important to us to be messing around with this.

They better make sure this time.
They're clearly reading the posts here. That's a W7 term. He's got a patent on it and is living off the money somewhere in Tahiti.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It's very clearly a knee injury to Price. That's the same knee that Kreider destroyed as well. Although I'm not overly worried since he played the rest of the period and he didn't have surgery after he hurt it the first time.

I suspect he'll probably be out about another 2-3 weeks like he was the first time if it's a sprain or a tweak.

That Kreider injury is that gift that keeps on giving...

Frankly this time around I would give him all the rest he needs and if Condon starts to struggle then give Tokarski some starts or another goalie if needed. We don't need Price right now, we need him for the playoffs because that's our end goal here.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
The fact that Price is injured once again is a concern. I hope he can shake this off and come back at 100% shortly. The only blessing about this could be that the team could that they are good and that they do not need to rely on Price as much to be successful. Last year things would have been significantly different if Price were injured during the season. Of course, he has to be 100% in the playoffs for us to have any chance.

Tonight was another great game and demonstrated the depth that the team has. This is something that the team did not have last season and it showed by how much we relied on Price. Indeed, every night it is someone new that come up and takes the spotlight. Tonight it was Galchenyuk and DSP.

I can finally say that the Habs are a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. They have the depth, defense, and scoring that teams need to be considered in the discussion. I have been waiting a long time for the Habs to be a complete team.

The depth moves last season of Mitchell , Flynn, and DSS have payed off. However, the biggest move in the last two seasons was Petry. He stabilized the D and gave us a top-3, something we did not have since Hamrlik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad