The MLD 2020 Thread

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Normand Rochefort, D

normand-rochefort-of-the-quebec-nordique-watches-the-play-against-the-picture-id470946204

Old Bio

Reactions: Habsfan18

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Maine selects Rick Ley, the 1st & 2nd team all star WHA blueliner, winning that league's trophy for best defenseman, captaining the Hartford Whalers to the championship with his tough and rough physical play. He hurt Kharlamov in the 1974 Summit Series and was a willing fighter and able policeman. He also was named the best dman on his team when the franchise joined the NHL. The Whalers retired his #2 jersey number.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
I'm going to take my favourite NHL name of all time, Nikolai Khabibulin.
His resume, centered around one big Stanley Cup win, is similar to a lot of the goalies you'll find at this stage int he ATD, but I like that he showed quite well in every playoff he went to except 1998, and that he's got a clear late-90s prime as a workhorse regular season starter that would be a lot more obvious without a season-long holdout.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I had The Bulin Wall targeted later in the draft to form a tandem with Crozier. Always had a soft spot for him.

My D list has taken a bit of a hit as well.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Lumme was my favorite dman not named Coffey. His creativity, his unpredictable moves was exciting. When he got the puck and headed up ice I used to say "Here we go!" :)

Reactions: Habsfan18

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Lumme was my favorite dman not named Coffey. His creativity, his unpredictable moves was exciting. When he got the puck and headed up ice I used to say "Here we go!" :)

I think it was his sometimes “risky” style of play that lead to the Habs prematurely giving up on him. That’s a shame because he would have looked pretty darn good on those Habs teams in the 90’s. We definitely could have used him..

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Sorry, got over-multi-tasking, and dropped half of what I was doing from my brain.

I'll take Pavel Kubina instead

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Maine selects 6-2 210 lbs. Mattias Norstrom, the 6-year NHL captain who represented his country in two Olympics and two World Cups. The anchor of the Kings blueline also went to two NHL all-star games.
frozenloyalty.net said:
... the physical stalwart blue liner was a warrior on the ice, as tough as they come...

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Engine

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
I'll take Petr Nedved and Martin Straka

Nedved should be a good enough fit with Carson. Maybe the best wrist shot in the game when he was playing (though he didn't use it enough). With Carson alongside it becomes pick your poison. Plus Nedved was pretty good at faceoffs and Carson really wasn't so good to have him as a lefty option.

Straka gets to play with his buddy Lang and bring a little speed to that line. Plus Nedved always seemed to do better when surrounded by his countrymen so good to have this little core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad