The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokijanari

Feb 4, 2013
Which is what makes it even funnier that people are freaking out because the Wild are 0.500 after NINE games this year.
True. But I'm not freaking out, if you read my original post. I'm just saying that everyone should be judgeable... And Lord Yeo to some is not.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Yeo's success in Houston was all about fitting the system to the players he was given. I think so far he's still getting a feel for everyone and how they fit together. Seems like he is dealing with more new faces than most teams.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
We don't have a dump and chase team. We are not a big physical team, nobody is wearing any defensemen down. Dump the puck in and easily outmuscled. We have a skill team that should carry the puck in and cycle by moving their FEET. The sooner Yeo realizes this, the more winning we start to see. This is becoming unwatchable hockey and it's only game 10 tomorrow. It's called puck possession and we need a coach that understands what that means. If the puck isn't on our stick, it's in the back of our net.

hokijanari

Feb 4, 2013
Should the Wild Fire Yeo? ‎II

Why was the original thread closed?? There was some good points, but the ones who love Yeo so much for some reason ruined the whole discussion.

IMO, this should be considered, especially if the play doesn't get better soon and Yeo keeps making those stupid decisions.. For example scratching Granlund. I just don't get it. Yeo sends him a "message" by putting him in the fourth line with Zenon god damn Konopka ---> the guy plays his best game so far and is arguable one of the best forwards of the Wild. Then what? Gets scratched... Yeah, great decisionmaking Mike!

Now, keep the discussion going, but enough with those stupid oneliners. If you don't have anything clever to say, don't say a thing and the thread won't get closed. Because it shouldn't, everyone should be judgeable.

hokijanari

Feb 4, 2013
Changing coaches every 2 years is a winning formula! :shakehead
But sticking with a bad one won't lead us anywhere too!!

I haven't decided yet if Yeo is bad or not, but if he won't get it done soon I think I'll lean on to the first option...

One thing I had in mind is that this is not a dump and chase team we've got ourselves here... And that's the style Yeo wants his teams to play. He must adapt to the guys we have, and he's not doing it at the moment.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
1.) It's painfully obvious that players aren't stepping up.

2.) Would we even be having this conversation if players were stepping up?

Conclusion: It's not the coaches fault.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
1.) It's painfully obvious that players aren't stepping up.

2.) Would we even be having this conversation if players were stepping up?

Conclusion: It's not the coaches fault.

I would say the same in reverese. If the coach has lost control the players do not play.

Great coaches can coach anyone. Yeo so far has been able to only coach a select few.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I would say the same in reverese. If the coach has lost control the players do not play.

Great coaches can coach anyone. Yeo so far has been able to only coach a select few.

We're not talking about Todd Richards here. Watch a Wild game; Yeo is coaching.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Certain players need to step up.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
IMO, this should be considered, especially if the play doesn't get better soon and Yeo keeps making those stupid decisions.. For example scratching Granlund. I just don't get it. Yeo sends him a "message" by putting him in the fourth line with Zenon god damn Konopka ---> the guy plays his best game so far and is arguable one of the best forwards of the Wild. Then what? Gets scratched... Yeah, great decisionmaking Mike!

This bothers me if it's happening. That makes no sense. Granlund does not deserve a scratch. We can't score as is, so chucking Granlund is going to help this how again?

Yeo shouldn't be fired yet but I pray he doesn't mess up the evolution of Granlund.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
But sticking with a bad one won't lead us anywhere too!!

I haven't decided yet if Yeo is bad or not, but if he won't get it done soon I think I'll lean on to the first option...

One thing I had in mind is that this is not a dump and chase team we've got ourselves here... And that's the style Yeo wants his teams to play. He must adapt to the guys we have, and he's not doing it at the moment.

My biggest beef. Seto, Cullen, PMB, Granlund even are speed guys on the fly. Not dump and chase guys. Let them get a fast shot and get back on D, not cycle and do nothing and get back on D.

Yeo has not shown adaptation. In my mind is the basis for the ability to coach.

I am sure this thread will soon be closed.

After all Yeo has done so much. I mean 81 points last year. Only person on the planet that makes me rethink firing Richards.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am sure this thread will soon be closed.

Maybe the mods will see we do have some emotions to get out regarding the coaching and the thread can be titled something different but we can still have a place to talk about this subject area. It seems people really do want to talk about this.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Hasn't the dump-and-chase argument already been upended? That's how you counteract the neutral-zone trap style that the Coyotes play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad