The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
When we were last in the play offs we did not make a move. We were so set for the future why sacrifice that. That was 07-08

DR liked to wait and see; Thelen, Voloshenko, Sheppard, Fiala, Gillies, Pouliot, Cuma, that worked well.

Long list of bad moves. I can actually understand the Leddy trade too.

My patience started to go when Chris Simon was the play off push. I am willing to try anything to make the team better. Right now i think firing Yeo has to be the next move. I do feel we should give the season to Yeo.

Once we signed Parise and Suter we were a team built for the playoffs. Anything less is unaccpetable. The GM got the talent. The coach better be able to work with it.

The list of prospects DR decided to wait and see on is nowhere near the list of prospects the Wild currently have.

The wild are 3 points out of the 3rd seed in the western conference. The sky is not falling.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
The case is starting to build against him. Especially after this summer, he had to know if they struggled he'd find himself on the hotseat and fast.

OpRedDawn*

You gotta give him more time, although if I see another ******* PP unit with 5 lefties, I'm calling for his head.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
No, he shouldn't be fired but he needs to start producing better results. I don't like hearing about the shortened season, lack of training camp, and the like. He is not just responsible for this season. He has to start getting results is all I'm saying. If not, I predict he will be fired sometime next season, for sure by the end of next season. His job is far from secure until he shows much more.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Do you work for the Wild? I may have forgotten more about hockey than you have seen, considering my age. If you haven't had skin in the game since day 1 as a STH, you may not be able to relate to my views.

Don't think you're better than anybody on this board because you're older or have season tickets. It doesn't help your cause.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
The big question people should be asking is why this team has no decent 2nd line center rather than focusing on irrelevancies or pointing fingers at one of our best players.

^ This. I think you singled out the biggest problem we have and continue to have.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
You guys act like they haven't faced adversity before. They had a big roster turnover, no training camp to develop chemistry and you expect to win big every game. Be realistic, of course there was going to be some bumps and bruises. I really don't see it getting any worse.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
It's Yeo's fault that we had so much turnover. He practically ran core players like Nick Johnson, Erik Christiansen, and Warren Peters out of town.

And Fletcher fills one hole just to open up another. I mean, he signs Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, but then he lets Jed Ortmeyer and Mike Lundin just WALK FOR NOTHING???

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
It's Yeo's fault that we had so much turnover. He practically ran guys like Nick Johnson, Erik Christiansen, and Warren Peters out of town.

I really wish we would have kept Nick Johnson. He would have been a good 3rd liner. Better than Palmieri. I think Erik Christiansen and Warren Peters played themselves out of town. Christiansen wasn't that productive and Peters was a fourth liner playing on the first line. They are gone because of our want to bring in actual players.

Jed Ortmeyer was an AHL player when he got to the Wild. And he has been since he left the Wild. Mike Lundin was hurt all the time and he has YET to play this year because he is hurt again! Can't blame Fletch for letting scrubs walk. Wasn't going to get anything for them anyways.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Fire Yeo?

His system works...Pittsburgh proves that.

The team had a pretty big roster shake up over the summer....lines are all basically brand new. No training camp and little practice time. People looking at this team and all the talent they have on paper are out of their minds. Having talent on paper matters 0 in this league. Its a team game. Look at the damn Rangers. Arguably the best top line in the game on paper.... -.500 team last I looked.

The teams we are losing too have largely the same roster from last year and have all gone through the growing pains that the Wild are now having to work through. Yea we need more effort, but fire Yeo? Get rid of Koivu? Anyone suggesting that, please kindly hand in your Wild Jersey's and leave the game tickets for the rest of us that actually get it please.

THEALLKNOWING*

Team shots per game essentially same as last year. Other team takes more shots per game than the Wild like last year. Power play and penalty kill percentages essentially the same as last year. Easily more talent than last year. Same coaches, hmmm.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
It's Yeo's fault that we had so much turnover. He practically ran core players like Nick Johnson, Erik Christiansen, and Warren Peters out of town.

And Fletcher fills one hole just to open up another. I mean, he signs Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, but then he lets Jed Ortmeyer and Mike Lundin just WALK FOR NOTHING???

:laugh:

THEALLKNOWING*

Small sample size.

Shots have been bottom five every year since 2000 except for one season under Lemaire.

I understand the sample size. But this is the most deep, talented team the Wild has put on the ice. To not expect or see improvement is ridiculous.

Is perpetually being among the worst in terms of shots every year acceptable? To say so infers it has something to do with playing in the state of Minnesota, no matter how ridiculous that sounds. Three different coaches, three different systems, the same result? Yeo coached at Pittsburgh. That team continues to average over 30 shots per game, this year versus last. You don't have to bring-up the talent on that team, I get that. But, if the Pittsburgh system employed here, with more talented players on the team, then why has there been no improvement in the shot total?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I understand the sample size. But this is the most deep, talented team the Wild has put on the ice. To not expect or see improvement is ridiculous.

Is perpetually being among the worst in terms of shots every year acceptable? To say so infers it has something to do with playing in the state of Minnesota, no matter how ridiculous that sounds. Three different coaches, three different systems, the same result? Yeo coached at Pittsburgh. That team continues to average over 30 shots per game, this year versus last. You don't have to bring-up the talent on that team, I get that. But, if the Pittsburgh system employed here, with more talented players on the team, then why has there been no improvement in the shot total?

Hockey isn't basketball where you throw 3 superstars together and expect results. It's a game where you have to become familiar with how each other plays, know where they're going to be, what they're going to do. I would have expected more knowledge from someone that is all knowing. They need to learn how each other plays. End of story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarick

Doing Nothing

Deep and talented on paper. But they've been super top heavy in reality. Top line scoring two-thirds of the goals. That's a problem. Mike Yeo's problem? Not yet.

BTW, he's trying new lines again. Is that a good or bad thing in your opinion?

ProfessorMcFatty

I'm mostly happy with the team's progression.

- Great 1st line
- Great prospects
- Defensive combos are looking better than I expected (and I expect Suter to find his groove soon)
- We beat Chicago
- Yeo pulled a rabbit out of his hat for the first half of last season. And I think he can do it again.

Assuming we stay on pace for the playoffs, I think Chuck's next objective, is to get a legit 2C, and another sniper. Firing Yeo doesn't make sense at this point.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I'm mostly happy with the team's progression.

- Great 1st line
- Great prospects
- Defensive combos are looking better than I expected (and I expect Suter to find his groove soon)
- We beat Chicago
- Yeo pulled a rabbit out of his hat for the first half of last season. And I think he can do it again.

Assuming we stay on pace for the playoffs, I think Chuck's next objective, is to get a legit 2C, and another sniper. Firing Yeo doesn't make sense at this point.

Staying on pace for the playoffs implies we're anywhere close to on pace for the playoffs. We're not. Right now Sportsclubstats simulations put us at 35%.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
If the Wild miss the playoffs, especially if they remain healthy and it's not a "by one point" type thing, I would be interested to see who is out there to potentially replace Yeo.

Name any coaches, right now, who are proven guys sitting on the sidelines? Because I'm assuming you don't want another first-time head coach?

Ron Wilson? Mark Crawford? Craig MacTavish? Jacques Martin? Maybe go old school with Pat Quinn? Or Iron Mike Keenan?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
If the Wild miss the playoffs, especially if they remain healthy and it's not a "by one point" type thing, I would be interested to see who is out there to potentially replace Yeo.

Name any coaches, right now, who are proven guys sitting on the sidelines? Because I'm assuming you don't want another first-time head coach?

Ron Wilson? Mark Crawford? Craig MacTavish? Jacques Martin? Maybe go old school with Pat Quinn? Or Iron Mike Keenan?

Jacques Lemaire :sarcasm:

THEALLKNOWING*

About the only guy I can see being potentially let go who would be worth picking up would be Lindy Ruff.

Never won the Cup as a coach, so he would be a good fit in the state that has never won one. Could possibly bring-back his buddy Rammer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad