The migration/new board software thread

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I like being able to see avatars in mobile view finally. It's how I remember most of us, honestly... never been good with names.

The constant pop ups at the bottom are really pissing me off though.

Reactions: slocal

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Not the biggest fan of it but it could be a lot worse. I ran some vBulletin boards way back in the day though, so it will always have a soft spot with me.

Reactions: slocal

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Fortuitous time to rejoin the boards.

I'm sure everyone will adjust, but the graphics are a little amateurish. Reminds of the random ad-hoc hockey forums one will stumble into that has very little activity. Lacking polish...

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Anyone know where the ignore thread button went to? I don't do fantasy hockey and tend to ignore those straight away when I see them pop up.

I miss posts/threads having lines like a grid. Not a fan of the bright white but I see a post earlier mentioning a way to change it with a link to instructions.

Thanks!

Sep 19, 2008
It looks a bit awkward and I don't like my profile hanging on the right like that. Also jumping forums is more difficult now since the drop down isn't on the bottom anymore. It is possible (check the icon on the right when you scroll up) but it's not intuitive.

I give it a C-. Why? Because there are improvements like embedded media updates and likes which were desperately needed. The old HF engine was awful, you had to tag videos with yt, remove a whole lot of crap to leave the id...stuff like that.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Anyone know where the ignore thread button went to? I don't do fantasy hockey and tend to ignore those straight away when I see them pop up.

I miss posts/threads having lines like a grid. Not a fan of the bright white but I see a post earlier mentioning a way to change it with a link to instructions.

Thanks!

Click on the Username under avatar and there is an ignore link in the pop-up box.

Reactions: landshark

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Another complaint: Threads with multiple pages don't show those multiple pages until the thread is hovered. This is really annoying because I usually keep my cursor off the screen when i'm scrolling through stuff so I end up clicking on the parent rather than the last page.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
oy. great that we got some modern features and all, but the threads don't look great. Its trying way too hard to be minimal and does not succeed. I dunno why forums and boards and what not always have a terrible UX. Its always just a cluttered mess, minimal or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad