The migration/new board software thread

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Gonna need theme options. I can imagine opening this in the dark and getting blinded by the light.

I have a custom black background for the old site that does not work well at all for this site. Can't see first new post button, Alert bell and comment balloon among other things. Oh well, that's life I suppose.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Made report to support forum that search isn't working. (Had to slog through a few pages to find thread to add post to this evening.)

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
200.gif

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Nemesis and Slo and any other mod here,

What’s a good way to provide feedback and suggestions. I’m sure buffalod is taking a ton of requests and I don’t want to come across as overwhelming. I did have a couple so far:

1) the alert bar just shows a dot. Can it show the number in a box instead. It would show likes and quote notifications and having it be a number format is a lot more helpful.

2) some posts have been deleted. Would like to know if they will be back.

3) words are being overly censored. Not sure if that is intentional.

4) some things you have to double tap like alerts and watched forums. I think it’s because there is supposed to be a box that comes down (hence the arrow) and it’s not doing so

I might have more but like I said I don’t want to overwhelm him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Nemesis and Slo and any other mod here,

What’s a good way to provide feedback and suggestions. I’m sure buffalod is taking a ton of requests and I don’t want to come across as overwhelming. I did have a couple so far:

1) the alert bar just shows a dot. Can it show the number in a box instead. It would show likes and quote notifications and having it be a number format is a lot more helpful.

2) some posts have been deleted. Would like to know if they will be back.

3) words are being overly censored. Not sure if that is intentional.

4) some things you have to double tap like alerts and watched forums. I think it’s because there is supposed to be a box that comes down (hence the arrow) and it’s not doing so

I might have more but like I said I don’t want to overwhelm him.

Here is the support forum

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/support.68/

I am just as confused as you guys/gals are. It will take some time to get used to.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
The thing about the support forum is it only shows what your own posts and no one else’s. Basically you can ask a question that has been asked several times and not even know it.

Sorry we can't be of more help, but feel free to post any of your questions in here for now and we can try to pass them on.
A couple of your points were already asked by other mods.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The thing about the support forum is it only shows what your own posts and no one else’s. Basically you can ask a question that has been asked several times and not even know it.

That is true that you can't see what other questions people have asked.

Like WTFetus said, just post in here any questions/comments/concerns you have.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Sorry we can't be of more help, but feel free to post any of your questions in here for now and we can try to pass them on.
A couple of your points were already asked by other mods.

Awesome. I also posted in the support forum in a thread I started a month ago. Figured instead of starting a new one just use one of the other ones.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Migration isn't fully complete, and there MAY be a loss of posts for the last couple of days. These things happen. Patience, please.

I'm going to give it a couple of days before I start to even think about features.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't like the color or the layout on the index/sub-forum indexes.

I do really like the like feature on posts. I've wanted one for quite a while.

I noticed in another thread that a swear word that I typed was unfiltered. Not sure if swearing is permitted here or not. Back when it was filtered, I didn't watch what I typed, as I knew the filter would take care of that.:D

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Migration isn't fully complete, and there MAY be a loss of posts for the last couple of days. These things happen. Patience, please.

I'm going to give it a couple of days before I start to even think about features.

I’m glad it was done now and not a week from now when the season starts.

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I’m glad it was done now and not a week from now when the season starts.

Right? This thing has been "in the works" for years. Years. I'm just happy I can log in right now. :laugh:

I noticed in another thread that a swear word that I typed was unfiltered. Not sure if swearing is permitted here or not. Back when it was filtered, I didn't watch what I typed, as I knew the filter would take care of that.:D

If the shit isn't asterisked, then you aren't breaking a rule. ;)

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
It asks that you upload an avatar of AT LEAST 200x200, but reduces it to 96x96 :laugh:

I don't even get the 150x150 for being a sponsor :rant*reallymad*rant:

:sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also, for anyone that wants to tinker with the new setup, post writing space, tags, features, bells & whistles, go ahead and use this thread to do so.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I hope that's just a quirk of porting data over from the old boards. If there are no more gif avatars, period that's gonna suuuuuuuuck. Though already the downsized 96x96 display size is kind crappy. How am I supposed to do good, detailed work if I've just lost 23% of my display space?

HF: she is a cruel mistress, non?

*takes a very Frenchy puff from a cigarette*

Reactions: Nighthock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad