Post-Game Talk: THE MIGHTY SABRES - 4, The Puny Penguins - 1

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ Tonight doesn't erase the past month. The Pens aren't defined by one game, one period one shift.

- And it's a good thing, because if they were, they'd be drafted 1st overall.

The team is missing 3 of their most important players. No matter how much depth you have, it's hard to win games night-in and night-out when that's the case. They'll bounce back from this.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
i really can not stand james neal.

the guy is a huge leach, cheecho redux. he excels at finding soft spots in defenses and has a great shot, but otherwise he doesn't bring anything aside from the very rare night where he decides to play physical. without malkin continually feeding him golden opportunities, he's worthless. poor efforts, not engaged physically, and consistently stupid selfish penalties.

selfish overrated leach.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Transition suffered badly without Tanger and Martin. Really tough to keep winning with 3 of your best players out of the lineup.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
- someone tweeted my, "Iggy Iggy Iggy can't you see, sometimes your goals just hypnotize me" to the @Penguins account and got a RT. I got nothing for my lyrical lyricizing. Such is life.

+ Fleury. The one bright spot is, he didn't seem to be suffering any ill-effects from his Giontaing

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Really thought we'd see a spirited effort tonight. A team eager to show they could win without Sid. Instead, a lazy, uninspired performance. Disastrous play from Vokoun didn't help. Bottom fell out after that wrap around goal early in the 2nd.

Fleury was excellent. Probably win this game with him in net tonight.

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
+ Iginla scoring his first as a penguin
+ MAF
+ PK

- pretty much everything else

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
I have no problem at all with the win streak ending considering all our injuries.
Its how it ended I have a problem with, urgh... :facepalm:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

the guy is a huge leach, cheecho redux. he excels at finding soft spots in defenses and has a great shot, but otherwise he doesn't bring anything aside from the very rare night where he decides to play physical. without malkin continually feeding him golden opportunities, he's worthless. poor efforts, not engaged physically, and consistently stupid selfish penalties.

selfish overrated leach.

He really does hold a chip on his shoulder.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I know this was discussed in the GDT(s), but let's talk about it here, because it's chic to hate Disco:

Is he getting too cute with some of his roster moves? I know that you want to build chemistry, but aren't Cooke and Morrow pretty low-maintenance, straight-line guys? Shouldn't you be trying different players in different situations to see how you can get things going if Sid is out long-term?

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey
Tough loss, too many mistakes, let them get under their skin, can't let that happen in the playoffs. Hope they learn from it.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Malkin line looked very good. Morrow and Murray continue to look solid. Fleury looked good when he came in.

Biggest minus for me is not being able to watch Sid play. So frustrating. He's such a joy to watch.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
-penalties
-depres (sorry, turnover/goal, penalty, just not a good game)
-nisky (see above minus the penalty)
-feeding Iggy like crazy
-Vokoun looked awful
-PP
-the TK replacing Crosby experiment. That was the deadest I've ever seen that line.

+but Iggy did get his first goal
+PK looked very solid, even if the Sabres aren't that great on the PP

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Any chance for Letang tomorrow?

Tanger was put on IR a week ago tomorrow. Tomorrow would be the first day he's eligible to come off of IR, I think. And now, I don't think he'll be back. I think the next game would be the earliest. Just my opinion, nothing official on that.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
+ Our penalty kill (and you know we have Pascal Dupuis: one of the best penalty killers in the world :sarcasm:)

+ Fleury

+ Iggy's first goal

+ This should help Sid's case for the Hart :laugh:

+ 15 straight. It was fun while it lasted

+ At least we're no longer peaking too early :sarcasm:

- Everything else.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Not worried about one loss but a couple of bad games against the Rangers and we'll be back to panic mode. Really need to hear good news about Crosby's return.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
+ Fleury
+ Iginla

--- Vokoun
---- Niskanen
----- Refereeing

Awful game. Niskanen was dreadful the entire game IMO, and Vokoun let in 3-4 goals I think he saves during the streak. Crosby is the heart and soul of this team's offense.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Transition suffered badly without Tanger and Martin. Really tough to keep winning with 3 of your best players out of the lineup.

I wrote this after last game. The Pens worst nightmare should be Orpik, Murray, Engo, AND Eaton in the starting lineup in the playoffs (or ever). For a team that feeds off transition, it's the kiss of death, and it shows. Keep this in mind: Martin is out of round one. You are an injury to Letang, Nisky, or Despres or Despres just struggling from realizing that nightmare scenario.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Everything Iginla has done so far has been wiped out for one thing or another.

Big + for his goal/game, and Fleury's third period.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

selfish overrated leach.

Yeah, he does give off that vibe, doesn't he?

You could smell that Kaleta penalty from a mile away.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
15 in a row is still a heck of a run, the 81-82 Isles had a streak just as long as they won the Cup. Good vibes, take it to the Rags tomorrow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad