Post-Game Talk: THE MIGHTY SABRES - 4, The Puny Penguins - 1

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
okay. I am agreeing with you and have been the whole time.

I didn't say you disagreed. I said that a good coach isn't going to look at faceoff stats and accept his team is sitting at 50% and be ok with it, because it is a league avg.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Agreed.

It's actually hard to find a prototypical fourth liner. I can't stand his psycho face, but Rinaldo is actually a perfect 4th liner. He's a wrecking ball and hits to hurt.

I hate him with a passion, but Rinaldo's the kind of 4th liner I wish Tanner Glass was. A hitter who teams actually have to be aware when he's on the ice.

Rinaldo, Tootoo, that kind of guy I'd take in a heartbeat over whatever the heck Glass is supposed to bring to the table.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Minor point, but why exactly do you see the '93 Penguins as "incredibly flawed?" That is not how I would have described that team, at all...

They were over-cocky, had glaring holes on defense, bottom 6, and goaltending, and struggled with scoring depth in the post-season.

Yeah, the Isles kinda caught fire, but unlike the '92 club, they just couldn't battle back from adversity. That's the kind of definition of flawed, right there.

They weren't as bad as the 85 Flyers, though, but I think that team's defeat in the playoffs wasn't as out-of-the-blue as people think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad