GDT: The Midnight Madness thread of Christmas and 4th of July(Trades and Signings)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Thanks. I want to try and get some pictures. Not sure if they will let me in with the camera at Honda Center. I know I can get in to Anaheim Ice.

I asked them on twitter and was referred to the Honda Center camera policy.

Are cameras allowed at Honda Center?
No video, audio or cameras with detachable lenses (maximum 6 inches). The camera policy is subject to change depending on each show’s individual policy.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, it was clearly a stock answer. With the ludicrous zoom you can get on a non-SLR these days it's pretty stupid. I think they're trying to prevent you from getting the image quality you'd get with an L quality lens is all.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, it was clearly a stock answer. With the ludicrous zoom you can get on a non-SLR these days it's pretty stupid. I think they're trying to prevent you from getting the image quality you'd get with an L quality lens is all.

I have no doubt the idea is to prevent you from getting any level of quality image that you could sell (which would be illegal but hardly stops people these days).

The problem with indoor shooting (hockey wise) is you need relatively high ISO and fast lenses (to freeze the action) which are less available on the smaller cameras.

I double checked my lens and it is actually just under 6 inches compressed but over 6 extended. I may be tempted to just leave it home today anyway. It will likely be too crowded to get as close as I can get at Anaheim Ice tomorrow.

Ducksgo*

Thanks. If they mean detachable lenses up to six inched are good then I'm OK (barely). But all they can do is say no. I would think that this show's individual policy might be more forgiving. ;)

Hey Eddie can we make a new thread for this year? The title of this is misled lol! But I do wanna talk trades in our forum just think we should create a new one for our members.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad