The Microcosm of Hemsky

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Ah yes, everyone else's fault but Hemsky's.

And no, Hemsky's PP time was cut because Hall/Eberle/RNH were superior players in that role compared to Hemmer from the very first year they stepped on NHL ice. It is not a coincidence that the Oiler's PP went from perennially one of the worst in the NHL, to consistently one of the best the very year Hemsky's role gets drastically cut back.

He was part of the problem, just as much as the "plugs".

I think Hemsky was our best player by far in his two injury shortened seasons. He's starting to come around again finally and I think he's producing enough offense in a secondary role. Hemsky could still get 60-70 points a season but that's only if he's running the PP and getting premium offensive opportunities.

He's not getting spoonfed the opportunities like he used to and he's still on pace to match his career high in goals over an 82 game season. I think his production has been fine and his contract is fine as well considering we only gave him a 2 year deal where he was giving up a shot at UFA again.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Horcoff is the Captain.

Clearly, Hemsky's contract is nowhere near the best lucrative deal on the team and as far as whose team it is...Im no fool...I understand its a shared responsiblity.

However...Its a sad day when a kid like RNH is getting a lot of bad press and fingers pointed at him. Same thing for Eberle. Its damn sure not supposed to be a team being carried by either of them or even the two of them together.

Hemsky should be our offensive leader. He should be right around a point per game + drawing PIMS, playing tough minutes and navigating confident PP minutes as well.

Not for any other reason other than thats what he is capable of. And as fan...thats all I ask of any given player. Just bring everything you've got every game & fill your role on the team right up to the brim.

A couple guys are pulling there weight. One or two others don't really fit here at this time. A few more are just all kinds of useless to this team or any other team. And a few are simply not delivering on what is ordered from them.

Hemmer is in that last group. Thats all there is to it, really.

and our freaking management signed him for 2 years, what were they thinking?

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
I like Hemsky a lot. At this point, given the complexion of this team, a player like RJ Umberger would help us win games more than Hemsky does.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
That's a big inaccurate statement there., you truly believe those 3 are ready for Prime time on their own, seriously!

Considering Hall/Eberle have played nearly a minute more a game than Hemsky the last 2 years on the PP. RNH not only surpassed Hemsky's time out there in both his years, but also supplanted Hemmer as the primary option as powerplay quarterback in his rookie season.

Sure looks like they are ready for primetime, because Hemsky is already behind them in the PP pecking order and sure as hell isn't sheltering them from anything in his limited even-strength ice time.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I like Hemsky a lot. At this point, given the complexion of this team, a player like RJ Umberger would help us win games more than Hemsky does.

POSSIBLY., But I also think Tyler Seguin would of been a better fit for us than Hall so far., so what., Anyways Horcoff and Smyth time game is about to start.,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad