The Michael Ryder Thread

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
When I went over to the Dallas thread can't say as I saw any 'good riddance' comments. They were none too happy.

I think he's a player that should thrive on a team that has a ton of forward depth and 3 solid scoring lines.

Plus he's in a contract year so that has to count for something.

I don't see him thriving in our system, which is a "swarm". Michael doesn't swarm, he floats. Eric Cole was fast and hard on the forecheck, and drove the net to hurt the other team as well.

Where Ryder can possibly help is the power play. He is a better sniper than Cole from open ice, but he can't create his own chances; he needs a top playmaker, and our best is DD.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I'm actually really looking forward to the Gally - Eller - Ryder line once they get some chemistry, Galchenyuk has made a lot of crazy passes this year to guys like Prust/Cole who couldn't bury.. should be exciting to see Gally making those passes to an actual sniper like Ryder.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Supposedly Ryder use to troll our board when he was with the Bruins

Ryderinside.jpg

JesusBouillon

Jan 29, 2009
I don't like him with Eller and Galchenyuk. And I REALLY don't like two smurfs on the same line.

I think Desharnais is closer to the Koivu style of center than Eller. I would play Ryder with Desharnais, and Gallagher with Eller and Galchenyuk.

15 minutes ES Plekanec-Gionta-Pacioretty
13 minutes ES Desharnais-Ryder-Bourque
11 minutes ES Eller-Gallagher-Galchenyuk
09 minutes ES Prust-White-Moen

PK forwards 2 minutes each
Prust-Eller
White-Moen
Plekanec-Gionta

PP forwards 3 minutes each
Desharnais-Ryder-Pacioretty
Plekanec-Gallagher-Galchenyuk

Total minutes
20 minutes Plekanec
18 minutes Pacioretty
17 minutes Gionta
16 minutes Desharnais
16 minutes Ryder
14 minutes Galchenyuk
14 minutes Gallagher
13 minutes Eller
13 minutes Bourque
11 minutes Prust
11 minutes White
11 minutes Moen

Well that 2 smurfs line gave a whooping to a supposedly truculent team wednesday.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm actually really looking forward to the Gally - Eller - Ryder line once they get some chemistry, Galchenyuk has made a lot of crazy passes this year to guys like Prust/Cole who couldn't bury.. should be exciting to see Gally making those passes to an actual sniper like Ryder.

Ryder is not cut out for that line. Our offence is by and large based on a "swarm" foprecheck whereas Ryder needs an elite passer who can play the game at a cerebral level, not a frenetic level like Eller and Galchenyuk. Koivu was a good setup man for Ryder, and Desharnais is the closest we have to that.

Gallagher won't be held back playing with Eller and Galchenyuk.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
One shot scorer. Love his release, the quick drag back and boom. I'm pretty sure we'll see some big time clutch goals from Ryder down the stretch. It's weird to have him back as an elder statesman on the team. Forgot what an ugly skater he was though. :laugh: I hope he plays with Plekanec and Bourque so that line has two guys who can fire pucks.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
How would you rank those shooters: Ryder, A.Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Dagenais, Malakhov ? Just the shots, and nothing else.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Good thing that trick is scoring goals!

I think any player that has made it to NHL, via our organization, should recieve PTSD disability payments through the player's union, or medication. Welcome home sucka! :yo: This was humor... Well, to me.

Habtchum*

Good thing that trick is scoring goals!

A bit more size and leadership on this team would not hurt.

So far most of the acquisition made by Bergevin are Therrien's choices: Bouillon, Armstrong, and now Ryder. I hope the next one will be Crosby...

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I think any player that has made it to NHL, via our organization, should recieve PTSD disability payments through the player's union, or medication. Welcome home sucka! :yo: This was humor... Well, to me.

And any player that comes here and reads what is posted, risks
something similar to "mad cow desaise" Only more horrible.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad