OT: The Menu Part 5 Gritty's Kitchen and Lou's Tavern edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Ahos, holy crap you made something spectacular. I want this.
It’s got another 45 minutes to go yet. I can’t wait.
Looks great. I would eat the meat and let others eat the veggies.

giphy.gif

I dont even know what it is, but i want some. sure beats the graham crackers im having for dinner tonight.

It’s an Italian dish. Veal. I’m not really sure what cut, but it’s got a bone in it and it looks absolutely spectacular. I’ve actually never made this before, all I’m in uncharted territory here.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It’s an Italian dish. Veal. I’m not really sure what cut, but it’s got a bone in it and it looks absolutely spectacular. I’ve actually never made this before, all I’m in uncharted territory here.

It's a shank, basically the shin of the veal. My grandmother used to make Ossobuco. Tasty stuff. Looks good.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
It’s got another 45 minutes to go yet. I can’t wait.

giphy.gif

Something you never made before? Holy crap, I can barely make Stouffer's lasagna in the Oven without burning it.

https://www.kansascitysteaks.com/pr...9A65IpUCa-acYuAabIsx6XMUOHrAcWoRoCcUUQAvD_BwE

I believe the Veal cut is Osso - Buco, I just did a google search and that name pops up a lot.

I want to get this. I'm going to try and make this, or just show up at your door.

I'd bring a case of Guinness.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Something you never made before? Holy crap, I can barely make Stouffer's lasagna in the Oven without burning it.

https://www.kansascitysteaks.com/pr...9A65IpUCa-acYuAabIsx6XMUOHrAcWoRoCcUUQAvD_BwE

I believe the Veal cut is Osso - Buco, I just did a google search and that name pops up a lot.

I want to get this. I'm going to try and make this, or just show up at your door.

I'd bring a case of Guinness.

The recipe I used was super simple. Basically just brown the meat and let it simmer on the stovetop with wine, beef stick, and veggies for 90 minutes.

@Young Sandwich I’m in a meaty, delicious paradise right now.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Roy tweedy's if you're in or near Delaware county, has real shins sometimes but when I can't get real shins I'll use oxtail for osso buco. Roy tweedy's is on MacDade boulevard between 420 and Holmes road.
Oxtail is just as good if done right.

Dammit, I worked right around the corner from Roy Tweedy's for like a year and a half on the 420 streetscape job but never made it in there. Totally blew it. I made it over to Talluto's plenty of times for their cold roast pork hoagie though.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I'm going to post this recipe I made early this week because my wife loved it. Wait, are you allowed to post links I don't even know

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Oxtail is just as good if done right.

Dammit, I worked right around the corner from Roy Tweedy's for like a year and a half on the 420 streetscape job but never made it in there. Totally blew it. I made it over to Talluto's plenty of times for their cold roast pork hoagie though.
When I was still local tweedy's was my stop every Friday after work for ribs chicken and all for my sat. And Sunday cookouts for my complex. The good old days. I want my old life back please. Ask them if they have butter steaks. Omgoodness. Small 3.99 lb steaks. Some areas call them chicken steaks. Tweedy's butter steak cuts are unreal my favorite.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I want to cry... I hate Ash Wednesday and especially when it's game day. What the hell do I eat at the arena that fits in a lenten diet?

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
It’s a game changer. If I may make a suggestion—Parmesan crusted pork chops.
I have a french onion pork chop recipe (over egg noodles) that is one of my favorite things to eat. We adapted it to french onion pizza, which we are making tonight because Catholic guilt is way too strong for my wife

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad