OT: The Menu Part 5 Gritty's Kitchen and Lou's Tavern edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Speaking of beer, I've been really digging Maple Nipple from Lawson's lately. I'm not even an Amber Ale guy, but that's some tasty ****. It's meant to be sweet, but the sweetness doesn't overpower the overall taste like Southern Tier has a tendency to do. Solid beer. Maybe not worth the price, but I'm enjoying it for the moment.

Who sells that maple ? same place that's in oaklyn? tenwood

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Fuego is some real money ****. The epitome of a hazy.

Freshies is as good a session as Founders All Day IPA. Tonewood has some good stuff going on.

My dad lives a mile from Cape Map brewing, but Tonewood is my favorite brewery from Jersey, hands down. All of the beers are A quality or better, even for styles I'm not a fan of. Given the market (tired hands, kane, magnify, etc) Fuego is the best value if Hazy IPA in the market around here.

Reactions: flyershockey

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

20190226_232345.jpg

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I can't wait to Try this. I will be at the game March 23 Sat 1pm. I'm going to Devour this burger 25 bucks, I might get 2.

Best part is you can feel like you got Married and Divorce after 45 min with no alimony lol

That was Woody Harrelson. Prove me wrong. Even sounded like him.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
My dad lives a mile from Cape Map brewing, but Tonewood is my favorite brewery from Jersey, hands down. All of the beers are A quality or better, even for styles I'm not a fan of. Given the market (tired hands, kane, magnify, etc) Fuego is the best value if Hazy IPA in the market around here.
Give a look at new trail. They’re distributing to the area now from Williamsport. Every hazy ipa they have released that I’ve tried has been on point (goggles, worlds end, snow tire).

Is there a need for a separate booze thread? That could also be fantastic.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Give a look at new trail. They’re distributing to the area now from Williamsport. Every hazy ipa they have released that I’ve tried has been on point (goggles, worlds end, snow tire).

Is there a need for a separate booze thread? That could also be fantastic.

I've had goggles and world's end, certainly wasn't disappointed by either. Tonewoods stuff is just so easy to come by, and a 6 pack of Fuego doesn't hit you for 22+ like a lot of the other 4 packs in the area. $13 for a six pack is a steal for that beer.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I've got 4 years worth sitting in my reserve, the newer years don't taste quite as good, but it's definitely still a quality beverage.
Wait, the actual reserve brand bcbs—light grey label aged in Elijah Craig barrels instead of heavens hill? Or multiple years of the standard? If it’s the former, where ya at I’m coming over

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Wait, the actual reserve brand bcbs—light grey label aged in Elijah Craig barrels instead of heavens hill? Or multiple years of the standard? If it’s the former, where ya at I’m coming over

Haha, no just the standard. I'm not interested enough to seek out/wait in line for the reserve. A few of the different variants over the years still in there somewhere as well though. Can also do a full vertical of Black Tuesday going back to 2013. Cant find enough people sick enough to try it though, lol.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Haha, no just the standard. I'm not interested enough to seek out/wait in line for the reserve. A few of the different variants over the years still in there somewhere as well though. Can also do a full vertical of Black Tuesday going back to 2013. Cant find enough people sick enough to try it though, lol.
Honestly if you’re local the brewpub had it to purchase, so I’m sure they get it each year.

And sweet Jesus—that’d be a hell of a way to go. I was so happy with the random assortment of cbs I’m collecting hahaha.

My brother and I keep talking about doing a run up through New England to brewery hop. The logistics of trunk space for everything we’d want to buy is really hurting us though. May need to rent a truck.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Honestly if you’re local the brewpub had it to purchase, so I’m sure they get it each year.

And sweet Jesus—that’d be a hell of a way to go. I was so happy with the random assortment of cbs I’m collecting hahaha.

My brother and I keep talking about doing a run up through New England to brewery hop. The logistics of trunk space for everything we’d want to buy is really hurting us though. May need to rent a truck.

I just moved back to Philly a about 8 weeks ago, and before that I was living about 25 minute from Bruery for a few years. Wasnt really local to anything Goose Island until i found out they had a brewpub up in Fishtown. Their beers outside of BCBS dont do much for me so its not something I look for.

I did a Boston trip with my brother over Labor day weekend for the Pearl Jam at Fenway shows. Didnt go too far, just hit the basics - Trillium, Night Shift, Jack's Abbey, and a few places in Chelsea, liked Mystic. I considered this a light haul (first pic).

Two years ago, this was my reserve while i was trying to catalog it. Its grown considerably since then. I probably need to re-catalog soon.
first.jpg second.jpg

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: